•  
Advertise here

LEDS OR HID FOR PAJERO

Dont change the headlights, as then RTA passing will be a nightmare. Aftermarket xenon HID/ LED is not at all appreciated by RTA even the most expensive ones. My friend Porsche had a Xenon and on one side it failed, so he got it replaced with aftermarket hi quality xenon as original was too expensive and it took him 4 hours to explain, request and literally beg to RTA testing guys at tasjeel. When senior officer came, he understood his cost concern and got it tested properly to see if it's blinding the other side traffic or not and then he passed it.

If your car doesnt come originally with xenon, then better stick to regular yellow light or it will never pass.

I had this problem in the UK. Unless you have headlights with self levellers and washer jets, they used to fail you for having HID bulbs. It's easy to get around though, just remove the bulbs and ballasts come test time and fit your old bulbs. Once you get your test, you can fit the HIDs and ballasts back in. Doesn't take long as most of the kits are plug and play  

If you're going for LED sidelight bulbs, I'd recommend staying away from the cheap Chinese ones and spend a bit extra on decent ones. The Chinese ones will start to flicker and die after a while and flickering lights tend to draw attention from the police.

I saw one Mitsubishi Lancer driving through Al Quoz a couple of days ago. All the lights on the front changed colour from green to blue to red as he drove along. Money doesn't buy taste! 

• Like (+1) 1

I agree with amen, not worth the hassle and pain. Barry sometime cops do fine random cars if they spot such flickering and colourful lights.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks Everyone! I agree with #ameen and #Gaurav but #Barry idea is best same I do with my 50% tint at the time of passing get rid of all that and after passing get all that back.

Thanks Barry for advice on Chinese side bulb I got Philips Diamond.

#barry I couldnt find Preston anywhere this time as ACE is out of Stock I found Preston Green Coolant Hope it will will be fine as as well as Original cant say anything I bought it from East Ocean Trading in UmmRamool hoping its original. I have a small problem with the car going to bring it to your workshop soon. 

Thanks Diamond, it was pleasure meeting you as well. My Pajero brake job didn't went very well on Thursday and I still have 50% spongy and ineffective brake. Just dropped the car today at Location Garage and hope they can fix that and few other tit bits as car was sitting for 4-5 months.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.