As the weather is getting better, let's have an easy fewbie level drive from Lisalli fort to Qudra lake and end up with a relaxing get-together or bbq session if anyone like. The beauty of this area, the wide open dunes, and with the occasional sighting of wildlife like gazelles and oryx are all reasons to set your pulses racing. The plan would be to meet up at 2:00 pm as per the below link and then head out to have some awesome fun through terrain that will leave you wanting more, and we will end it with a good spot to sit around Qudra lake and have a BBQ session with chats about the drive, general talk and share some jokes.

When: 20 October 2017 at 2:00 pm
Where: First Emarat Petrol station on Dubai - Al Ain Road after Outlet Mall.
GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/KD4Lath3cB42

Level of drive: Newbie - Fewbie
Plan: Drive followed by BBQ
What to bring along: Stuff for BBQ like grill, charcoal, lighter fluid and BBQ meat or chicken, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 8-9 pm

Please RSVP on below calendar:

i had a thought today that you will post lisalli to qudra lake drive and you did it.. 👍👍👍

I am inn Gaurav Bhai for drive.. and for BBQ session mostly no.. have some family commitments.

Thanks everyone for joining, and it was the most memorable drive for me after a very long time. As my wife and kiddo have joined, and they both kept encouraging me for high-speed dune bashing with their screams and excitement throughout the drive.

Everyone missed our dear Superman a lot including my son, who was looking for Rahimdad's car on every stuck and refusal.

We all started almost on time, and the weather is getting so much better that at 2:30 - 3:00 PM standing outside was almost pleasant unlike before. We straight head to Lisalli fort and entered through the small-medium technical range, played there for an hour while heading towards the Qudra side. After an hour we cut short the route through a track and headed to nice medium long dune range behind Qudra area and had the best of drive experience. With an amazing experience in convoy, we never stopped or had any major incident and kept playing on those amazing dunes with the spiral track by going up and down on every dune. Cutting almost all the ridge sideways for the real excitement and adrenaline, everyone drove just perfect in that terrain. As this area is famous for gazelles sighting, so I have spotted many gazelles and tried to chase few of them too for good photos and will see what I have got in my camera.

By 7 pm we have reached to the Qudra lake and found a nice clean spot next to the lake for setting our bbq and food session. By now everyone was very hungry and looking forward to a quick relaxing drink and some nice food. Thanks to Noor we had some amazing fresh hotdogs, sweet potatoes and marshmallows. Thanks to Saleem we had nice chilled green tea. We spend almost 2-3 hours there and enjoyed every bit of nice breeze and ambiance with awesome company and talks.

Good Evening Gaurav ,,, Thank you for an awesome drive and experiencing new dunes. Thanks to all and can not wait for more drives. 

And Gaurav .. regarding photos upload I am trying to upload some photos but same issue I am facing so I hope I will be able to upload these photos to share memories. thanks

wonderful drive my boy was all smiles and nice laddos thanks mr and mrs gaurav bhai for wonderful rightwala food and leftwala food also but rightwala was more tasty then leftwala and thanks noor for the hotdogs and white and pink thingys :-D:-D

and rahim bhai we had a few goodwala stucks and and you missed the laddos which i took all of it...:-D

now where we headed liwa next...? from thursday night itself...

Great report and seems I missed a good one. Had to give some time to the family departing on Sunday morning. Will be sure to join next week onwards.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By skumar83
      Since its been about 2 weeks from the last desert drive, my mind was getting restless. Guess am completely infected by the desert bug, so after discussing with Gaurav, I though of posting a desert drive. 
      idea is to meet up somewhere near Al Hayer and then drive to Nahel. From google maps it looks like an interesting terrain. I have not been to this area, so it would be great if someone can suggest a meeting point . Plan is as follows:

When: 29 September 2017
      Meeting time: 7:00 AM, convoy will move at 7:15 AM 
      Where: First ADNOC Station while exiting from E66 onto E20 
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/ncY7BeVTct12
      Level of drive: Fewbie - Expert - Advance - (absolute newbie and newbie as passengers only)
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
      Plan: Early morning drive from Al Hayer to Nahel
      What to bring along: Morning breakfast - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, and enthusiasm.

Please RSVP on below calendar

• By Rahimdad
      The Islamic New Year is supposed to be falling on Thursday, 21 September, so lets take advantage. Plus with the weather getting better it will be only cooler on top.
      The RAK mountain range which always are few degrees lesser than the other areas. Get ready to enjoy some of best snaky curved road making up to the to this grand Hajar mountain range. With last time's experience we can reach close to the top to enjoy the view from both sides of the mountain and enjoy the sea view. This drive will offer plenty of photo opportunity for the shutterbugs, so make sure to carry your best camera and long range lens.
      Plan is to start late afternoon and finish whenever we feel we have had enough to escape the heat and yet have our holiday dose of fun and adrenaline. With this timing we will also eliminate the usual rush at this newly developing tourist site. So please be on time, as we are really pressed on time so if you are late then you have to catch up by yourself.
      If anybody would like to bring along snacks, drinks, BBQ, playing cards, music box or any means of entertainment and fun is most welcome to join.

Mine and Rahim bhai visit to Jabal Jais - Jan 2014

When: 21 September 2017
      Meeting time: 2:45 PM
      Drive Start: 3:00 PM (SHARP)
      Where: Adnoc after Tasjeel Village on Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd (E311) - Sharjah
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/wytcqzvgCtF2
      Level of drive: All levels
      Plan: Scenic drive with plenty of stops on route to top
      What to bring along: Camera, drinks, water, snacks, smiles, stories, enthusiasm, BBQ and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time: Flexible
      List of participants:
      Rahimdad - 050 6749099 Gaurav Khanna - 050 5258706    

• By Rahimdad
      When: 21 September 2017
      Meeting time: 2:45 PM
      Drive Start: 3:00 PM (SHARP)
      Where: Adnoc after Tasjeel Village on Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd (E311) - Sharjah
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/wytcqzvgCtF2
      Level of drive: All levels
      Plan: Scenic drive with plenty of stops on route to top
      What to bring along: Camera, drinks, water, snacks, smiles, stories, enthusiasm, BBQ and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time: Flexible
    • By Gaurav
      As the weather is getting better so we can restart our old fashion - early morning drives that leave the whole Friday on hand for family and friends. And what better place to do the newbie opening morning drive at Bidayer area to enjoy the sunrise on top of Big Red. After enjoying the sunrise and quick play time, we will head to pink rock through some nice night cold dunes.
      This area offers all level terrain in some easy to medium size rolling dunes, and we expect to finish at the pink rock area. This is an all level drive, fit for newbies and fewbies as well.
      When: 15 Sep 2017, Friday
      Meeting time: 5 AM, convoy will move sharp at 5:15 AM
      Where: Old Emarat Petrol Station at Lahbab R/A
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/gQd1UszDdSG2
      Level of drive: Absolute Newbie - Newbie - Fewbie - Expert - Advance - All are welcome
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
      Plan: Morning drive from Bidayer to Pink rock and enjoy the sunrise.
      What to bring along: Morning snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time: 9 AM, 15 Sep 2017, Friday

Please RSVP on below calendar