•  
Advertise here

Pajero SWB or LWB

9 minutes ago, Javier M said:

I like cars regardless of the brand, not much of a fan of the big Pajero though but I like the one @Gaurav drives, its small and light. 

I am sure there are shops that know how to fix that 🤔 Pajeros are very common here so I can imagine a fix for that

Dont think of it much. Need to rip off all the sensors or remap ECM. Wont be a good idea to rip off it. For eg.

Gen4 has rpm limiter 4.5 but Gen 3 vroom. 

4 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

For the gearing issue there is some Omani fix which @eduardo had mentioned on the last drive. Maybe he can guide us better.

Oh yaa. @eduardo Omani Hack for gear holding in Pajeros. This is mostly applicable to pajeros from 2008-2011 which has gear issues. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Fuad said:

Dont think of it much. Need to rip off all the sensors or remap ECM. Wont be a good idea to rip off it. For eg.

Gen4 has rpm limiter 4.5 but Gen 3 vroom. 

Well that takes away all the fun then, one more reason to go with a PF or Xterra

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Javier M said:

Well that takes away all the fun then, one more reason to go with a PF or Xterra

Pajero owners who had done Unichip Q is enjoying it a lot. No Rpm limiter nothing and boasts a gain of 25- 30Hp which makes the machine roaring.

Pajero in stock 👎🏻 But when tuned 👍🏻

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

14 minutes ago, Fuad said:

Pajero owners who had done Unichip Q is enjoying it a lot. No Rpm limiter nothing and boasts a gain of 25- 30Hp which makes the machine roaring.

Pajero in stock 👎🏻 But when tuned 👍🏻

I agree 

Edited by Javier M
  • Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Emmanuel said:

Xterra is more expensive but, if you can afford a little more than 20K for a clean used one, you won’t regret it. 

Seems like wanna make an Xterra Mafia here. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, syedyaseer said:

I was checking for any decent vehicle for off-roading purpose. Among the shortlisted options i have narrowed down to pathfinder or Pajero. Both seems to be good in terms of reliability and maintenance. I did not come across any decent PF 2002-2005 but came across few Pajero LWB. My personal choice was PF 2005 followed by SWB pajero. It is hard to find both in the budget of 10K. How about Pajero LWB for pure offroading let say 80% offroading and 20% of family outing or daily drive. i came across few LWB in 8-10K range with odo reading around 250K.

In my search for a family 4x4 for my wife a while back, I came across a very decent Gen 3 2004 3.8 LWB for 12k. I ended up going for a Gen 4 2008 3.8 because the price difference of 7000AED was in my opinion justifiable for a younger car with more whistles and bells, and much lower mileage.

The LWB is very good for camping and family outings, but for off-roading purpose a bit bulky and heavy, but hey it works of course. Lift-kit might come in handy if required.

Be aware that the cars you will find for 8-10k range are NOT for immediate high performance Off-road drive. You'll need to get a complete checkup done of suspension, engine, gearbox. Most probably another 3-4 kAED will go into that, and if you're unlucky like me that 250K engine will misfire or head gasket might give up the ghost and that's another 5-6 kAED minimum. Adding this up your 10k car comes close to 20k. I just want you to realize that old cars perform only as good as the care you or the previous owner took of them.

Edited by Frederic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

47 minutes ago, Frederic said:

In my search for a family 4x4 for my wife a while back, I came across a very decent Gen 3 2004 3.8 LWB for 12k. I ended up going for a Gen 4 2008 3.8 because the price difference of 7000AED was in my opinion justifiable for a younger car with more whistles and bells, and much lower mileage.

The LWB is very good for camping and family outings, but for off-roading purpose a bit bulky and heavy, but hey it works of course. Lift-kit might come in handy if required.

Be aware that the cars you will find for 8-10k range are NOT for immediate high performance Off-road drive. You'll need to get a complete checkup done of suspension, engine, gearbox. Most probably another 3-4 kAED will go into that, and if you're unlucky like me that 250K engine will misfire or head gasket might give up the ghost and that's another 5-6 kAED minimum. Adding this up your 10k car comes close to 20k. I just want you to realize that old cars perform only as good as the care you or the previous owner took of them.

Excellent review. Old car - need to build up to make it sustainable for offroad conditions else will be in deep trouble. 

👍🏻

3 hours ago, syedyaseer said:

I was checking for any decent vehicle for off-roading purpose. Among the shortlisted options i have narrowed down to pathfinder or Pajero. Both seems to be good in terms of reliability and maintenance. I did not come across any decent PF 2002-2005 but came across few Pajero LWB. My personal choice was PF 2005 followed by SWB pajero. It is hard to find both in the budget of 10K. How about Pajero LWB for pure offroading let say 80% offroading and 20% of family outing or daily drive. i came across few LWB in 8-10K range with odo reading around 250K.

Yesterday there was a bidding for pathfinder 2005 in excellent condition Automatic (250k)odo and ended up in 10800aed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1