•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Evening Fewbie PLUS Desert Drive - Al Lisaili - Dubai - 10 Jul 2020

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Offroader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie PLUS and above (Min. 5 Fewbie drives with Carnity.com)

When: 10 Jul 2020, Friday.

Meeting time: 4:30 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Camel Race Track - https://maps.app.goo.gl/7do7vc1px3BgZmB36

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 8:00 PM

End Point: Dubai - Solar Park / Qudra

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 PM.
    • 10 Fewbie PLUS and above drivers.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 7

Dear fellow Desertnauts.

While we wait for the group to take its final form, I would like to remind all of those who have registered, and who still wish to, that the drive is reserved for FEWBIE PLUS. This means more experienced fewbie drivers, indicating those who have at least 5 Fewbie drives under their belt. If any of you does not satisfy this requirement, kindly remove yourself from the drive, so that others may join. The Marshals and I will double check this status, and proceed accordingly with confirming :-D or amending :twisted: the drive's group.

With this in mind, I would like to introduce you to the drive's geography. We will set out to explore an area that for most of you will be unknown: Al Lisaili. I have driven past it many times, while on the way to Faqa, but never knew this region, hidden behind Dubai's major cameldrome and its connected camel farms, would be able to offer such an interesting off-roading ground.

We will follow the track under the pylons until we'll be able to go past a very long and well hidden camel race track. We then will proceed to enter a very technical area of dunes with soft sand, through which we will finally reach the more open, long range dunes, where the fun will begin. We'll cross many dunes, with some ridge riding, on much firmer sand than at the beginning. Our goal is to go as far as possible, in the direction of Al Qudra's Solar Innovation Center, while keeping the track under the pylons nearby, on our right, so we may exit as soon as the dark sets in.

While you start savoring the drive, I wish you all a great week.

• Like (+1) 6
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

10 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Offroader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie PLUS and above (Min. 5 Fewbie drives with Carnity.com)

When: 10 Jul 2020, Friday.

Meeting time: 4:30 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Camel Race Track - https://maps.app.goo.gl/7do7vc1px3BgZmB36

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 8:00 PM

End Point: Dubai - Solar Park / Qudra

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 PM.
    • 10 Fewbie PLUS and above drivers.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

Hello @Ale Vallecchi, this will be my first fewbie drive. Although i feel confident but please let me know if i can still join. 

Thanks 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, siddharth maheshwari said:

Hello @Ale Vallecchi, this will be my first fewbie drive. Although i feel confident but please let me know if i can still join. 

Thanks 

Dear @siddharth maheshwari thanks a lot for letting me know. Allow me to confer with the Marshals and Seniors that have seen your latest drives, and I will confirm to you if OK. Thanks a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @siddharth maheshwari thanks a lot for letting me know. Allow me to confer with the Marshals and Seniors that have seen your latest drives, and I will confirm to you if OK. Thanks a lot. 

Hello @siddharth maheshwari. I have discussed your situation with the Marshals, as well as considered the challenges of this particular drive, which are many, especially from the technical point of view. Regretfully I have to inform you that it's not advisable you join this drive, at this stage of your off-roading progresses. There will be many opportunities in the near future for you to visit this area, and scale up your drives. I hope you'll still have time to register for another drive this week-end. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Dear @asifk, @Najeeb Mohammed and @Jolly Abraham, would you be so kind to please confirm that you have driven at least 5 times as Fewbies, since your promotion on May 25th? Thanks a lot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

48 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hello @siddharth maheshwari. I have discussed your situation with the Marshals, as well as considered the challenges of this particular drive, which are many, especially from the technical point of view. Regretfully I have to inform you that it's not advisable you join this drive, at this stage of your off-roading progresses. There will be many opportunities in the near future for you to visit this area, and scale up your drives. I hope you'll still have time to register for another drive this week-end. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Dear @asifk, @Najeeb Mohammed and @Jolly Abraham, would you be so kind to please confirm that you have driven at least 5 times as Fewbies, since your promotion on May 25th? Thanks a lot.

Hi @Ale Vallecchi - confirmed I have done 6 drives since the promotion !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

I confirm that i have attended 6 fewbi (Last week i attended 2 fewbie) since promotion. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Najeeb Mohammed said:

I confirm that i have attended 6 fewbi (Last week i attended 2 fewbie) since promotion. 

Thank you @Najeeb Mohammed. See you on Friday. 

1 hour ago, asifk said:

Thank you @asifk. See you on Friday. Your car is fine now? 

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, asifk said:

Thank you @asifk. See you on Friday. Your car is fine now? 

Hello @Jolly Abraham. Can you please confirm your number of Fewbie drives please? Thanks a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use