UAE Green Desert: Discover Spectacular Transformation After 75-Year Rainfall

COVID19 compliant - Intermediate PLUS Exploration Drive - Umm Al Oush - Abu Dhabi - 28 Dec 2020

Emmanuel

Umm Al Oush is famous for his Star Dune, but it's also a wonderful area that should be on your to do list if you're already a confident and sensible off-roader. 

Driving through Umm al Oush requires your utmost focus, perseverance, patience, and the assurance that your 4x4 vehicle is in top notch condition. Next to your vehicle, your off-road gears should be in good condition too, with fully charged radio with backup battery (or backup radio), a necessity for the long day drive. 

We will schedule sufficient breaks to enjoy the magnificent scenery, take some rest, grab a bite or a drink. Make sure to carry plenty of water, food and snacks.

IMG_5889.thumb.JPG.d4b15297b5e751433446e85e2b8ed15d.JPG

For Dubai and Sharjah residents, the COVID testing will be required. Please find the guidelines posted in below post:

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and above (with MINIMUM 2 Intermediate Drives Experience) 

When:  28 Dec 2020, Monday.

Meeting time: 8:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:
https://goo.gl/maps/9LvTbsu1WndnwjdW7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance. Spare tyre should be in perfect usable condition.

What to bring along: 

• 5L of water per person. 
  • Snacks for breakfast and lunch.
  • Fully charged radio with spare battery, shovel, offroad flag, pressure gauge and deflator.  
  • Your own compressor for tyre inflation.
  • Jerrycan with 20L of extra Petrol (depending on your 4x4 gas mileage).
  • Approximate finish time: 3.30 PM with breaks inbetween

GROUP CAMPING, BBQ IS NOT PERMITTED AFTER THE DRIVE.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on 25 December.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT

• Like (+1) 2

Good news for those who will come from Dubai and Sharjah: starting from 24 December, the DPI test can be done 72 hours prior to entry in Abu Dhabi Emirate. I just booked an appointment in City Walk (Dubai) via Seha app. 

See you there @Kailas, @Christian Andras@Alexander Alcala, @Chaitanya D, @Jorge Stepniak Felippeand @Tero Vallas

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Emmanuel said:

Good news for those who will come from Dubai and Sharjah: starting from 24 December, the DPI test can be done 72 hours prior to entry in Abu Dhabi Emirate. I just booked an appointment in City Walk (Dubai) via Seha app. 

See you there @Kailas, @Christian Andras@Alexander Alcala, @Chaitanya D, @Jorge Stepniak Felippeand @Tero Vallas

Dear @Emmanuel, it looks likely that I need to go to office on Dec 28th. This is not exactly confirmed yet, but it is best to take me out from the drive and give my position to next one in WL.

If I don't need to go to the office, I shall rejoin if there will be still places left.

This is also my 2nd. drive on that weekend.

Sorry about this inconvenience !

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Emmanuel said:

Great! Booked 72hrs before also!

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Tero Vallas said:

Dear @Emmanuel, it looks likely that I need to go to office on Dec 28th. This is not exactly confirmed yet, but it is best to take me out from the drive and give my position to next one in WL.

If I don't need to go to the office, I shall rejoin if there will be still places left.

This is also my 2nd. drive on that weekend.

Sorry about this inconvenience !

Thanks for advising. There will be a spot for you in case you can make it. Just don’t forget that you will need to do the DPI test before 28th. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just an update to everyone that is going to Abu Dhabi is that from 24th Dec, the testing centers at Ghantoot and Al Faqa have been closed. So all COVID19 testing has to be done at the SEHA Centers or other authorized centers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

RSVP is now closed.

See you after tomorrow @Kailas, @Christian Andras, @Chaitanya D, @Jorge Stepniak Felippe!

Convoy numbering will be announced on Monday morning. 

We will use Carnity Radio Channel 3. As soon as you approach our meeting point, you can switch your radio on. 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use