•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 29 Jan 2021

Chaitanya D

It's always good to have some nice fun with an equally good share of jokes @Hasan Wahlan.

See you all soon , Sweihan is an amazing area with beautiful dunes. Frankly you all in Abu Dhabi are blessed with such nice areas  , it's always a treat for members in Dubai to come over there.( with a minor hurdle of Covid testing as of now)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Drive Report:

I was expecting a foggy drive to Sweihan, which wasn't the case and I reached our starting point by 7.15 am. Relaxed and enjoyed the cool fresh breeze amidst some stunning dunes of Sweihan.

Everyone of the signups arrived on time, deflated and prepped ready for our cool morning drive. We went through the dirt track and hit the dunes heading north towards ADNOC sweihan.

We had a mix of all learning- refusals, stucks,  crest and special recovery which was done considering the tricky situation we were in. And yes we witnessed what a simple tool like shovel (Big spade with a D handle, not the spoons) can do to get you out of a stuck situation.

Some learning points - 

- Momentum is the key along with having a right approach is the most important key for the correct and safe way to drive on sands without "beating the living snot out of your vehicle"😜.

- Do Not fight gravity - when you are losing momentum on slopes the safest way is to steer down and exit.

- Dune crossing- to cross over a crest, do not be too shy of gas. Please try to repeat what the car is front does and you will be able to cross over without any issue.

- Park your car on a flat dune, or with nose down so that you have a easy restart.

- On soft sand when you give more gas when you are not moving - you dig yourself deeper into the sand. If you are not moving then gas will not get you out.

We all including me have learnt it by making all these mistakes and learning over time, what we intend is for you all to learn is to do it safely.

@Hasan Wahlan was a perfect 2nd lead following my directions correctly and wait when he saw me struggling in some areas.Thank you

@Hashem Rihan did well for his first drive in  his RR. Some of the self recoveries were impressive. @Amanda Milnes played the role of copilot to perfection.

@Alex Sidorov drove well and was getting used to his JGC on sand. Very well done to ask for help when needed , as it is better to be safe than sorry. Love and hugs (covid free 😍)to your son. 

@muzrma came up with his Patrol Y61 , which was a surprise as I was expecting a ford expedition . You have got a great car which does amazingly well on the sand.

@Ruan van den Heever thank you so much for sweeping. Your presence at the back was reassuring whenever you said "all good ".

Please note and bring along for the next drive you join

- Flag and mount

- Programmed Radio ( easiest is to order from edragon mall, online. Baofeng UV5R are worth the price you pay. No conflicts of interest here)

- Deflator

- Pressure gauge 

- shovel.

Recovery points- you all witnessed how important it is to have proper recovery points (atleast one) in front and back of your car, preferably two if possible.

Some stats from the drive in the attached picture.

641388209_Screenshot_20210129-225842_GaiaGPS.jpg.7135f960050790de96315b73b2c52dd8.jpg

See you all and have a energized week at work.

Cheers 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

@Alex Sidorov I have a couple of radios. I bought extra for touring & camping trips with friends. Let me know the next time you are on a drive and I can give you one. Only cost AED 80 each. Happy to give you one free or AED 80 purchase price, no problem.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@muzrma Thank you. Let me think 🤔.

can you tell us more about your car? Did you get it new/used? And who did the tuning-engine/wheels?

Or you got it like this already. Also, a very cool color, I haven’t seen many like this on a road. Did you repaint?

On 1/30/2021 at 8:35 PM, Alex Sidorov said:

Where do we post media? Here or separate link?

If you go to the Gallery section there is a section for each Carnity drive. You can choose to upload on the Sweihan 29/01/2021 Newbie drive.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 1/30/2021 at 8:45 PM, Alex Sidorov said:

@muzrma Thank you. Let me think 🤔.

can you tell us more about your car? Did you get it new/used? And who did the tuning-engine/wheels?

Or you got it like this already. Also, a very cool color, I haven’t seen many like this on a road. Did you repaint?

Its a 2015 Y61 Patrol. Stage 2 Garret Turbo. the bottom end has been forged, pistons, rods, crank. Upgraded gearbox to handle 900hp. It's currently running around 535whp. Engine management via Syvecs ECU and Motec Monitor. It's had a full custom colour change to Nardo Gray (Original Colour is White) I bought a set of used 16" Braid Cross Country Beadlocked Rims in Abu Dhabi and changed the colour to a Matt Bronze. It's got Kings racing shocks and Dobinsons springs which is about 1.5" over stock. Got a set of Kings Steering Stabilizer. The interior has been re-trimmed with black cloth and silver piping. I plan to change the wood interior finish to hydro dipped Carbon Fibre. So the interior will have a modern sporty feel to it as well.  

Here as some of the mechanical upgrades:

Ben Dalmouk Oil Pump

Syvecs ECU

Motec C125 with all sensors

Diamond Racing Pistons 

Carrillo Connecting Rods 

Garrett Stage 2 Turbo 35 

Stock Head and Camshaft

Kings complete shock upgrade

Heavy Duty Gear Update Stage 2

Walbro Fuel Pump

Race Filter

3.5inch complete exhaust

EBC brakes

AMG fan

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/30/2021 at 2:08 PM, muzrma said:

@Alex Sidorov I have a couple of radios. I bought extra for touring & camping trips with friends. Let me know the next time you are on a drive and I can give you one. Only cost AED 80 each. Happy to give you one free or AED 80 purchase price, no problem.

Hi @muzrma do u still have the radio

i’m interested to buy it

Important Information

Terms of use