Advertise here

Pajero Gen4 offroad tire size

7 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

This can be due to a few reasons:

1. Your car was fishtailing towards the left and hence the weight of the car was heavily on that tyre

2. You might have been lower than 10 psi in very first place

3. Though not very clear but probably the rear took a bump during the side slopping

I also had a pop out yesterday and the 1 & 2 reasons contributed to the tire telling me enough of your antics, I give up. I was fishtailing on a super soft dune which had a sharp turn and as conditions were perfect for the pop out it happened. Could I have done better if I knew all the principles? Probably not. What actually gave relief was the quick fix from Angela @Foxtrot Oscar & @Chaitanya D with all the tools required. My suggestion to @Lakshmi Narasimhan is even if you know the reasons and evading measures in the heat of the drive nothing much helps. Don't worry about the pop out but rather worry about if you have the proper tools to be back on track if that unfortunate incident happens. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think you lost some tire pressure at second 12-13 when you made a sharp right turn not sure if you were fishtailing there.

Few seconds later you had a popout as you were running low on pressure.

In my first drives I was sometimes losing pressure on such turns where it drops instantly from 15 to 8 psi.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

I was exact on 11psi, double checked. Yes there was a very small negligible bump, will that cause a pop out?, probably drifting to left and bump combination could be the reason.

Bingo. Now you have the recipe. Negligible bump for you but not for the poor malnutritioned tire. Even before you hit the negligible bump your tire must have started to lose air when you fish tailed excellently just before hitting the bump which hastened the process.

5 minutes ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

I think you lost some tire pressure at second 12-13 when you made a sharp right turn not sure if you were fishtailing there.

Few seconds later you had a popout as you were running low on pressure.

In my first drives I was sometimes losing pressure on such turns where it drops instantly from 15 to 8 psi.

Absolutely correct. 

• Like (+1) 1