•  
Advertise here

Selling my 16" Toyota Rims + Yokohama Geolandar G015 275/70/R16 (~5000km use), 4 piece

Dear all, I've upgraded to Methods 703 BeadGrip + 285/70/R17, so I'm selling my previous Yokohama Geolandar G015 275/70/R16. Bought them for around ~2000aed in Feb 2021. They ran about ~5,000kms now, still long way to go for 10,000kms rotation. Since I don't go offroading every weekend, they've been used in 6 Newbies + 1 Fewbie Carnity Drives only.

Willing to deliver anywhere in Abu Dhabi & Dubai, so hopefully good value here 😁

PCD/Bolt Pattern is 5x150, compatible with Toyota Land Cruiser 100, LC 200, Lexus LX 470, LX 570, Sequoia, Tundra

IMG_20210511_074737.jpg

Edited by Zed
typo
  • Like (+1) 3

Good luck for hill climbs now with almost 33 inch tires, unless you have done some good power mods.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

37 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Good luck for hill climbs now with almost 33 inch tires, unless you have done some good power mods.

@Gaurav yups, re-gearing to 4.88 to get more wheel powers 💪🏻 😄

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Zed said:

@Gaurav yups, re-gearing to 4.88 to get more wheel powers 💪🏻 😄

Re-gearing is a performance mod and not a power mod.

You won't have more wheel powers with re-gearing but make a best use of existing wheel power.

LC100 is inherently underpowered for long hill climb (I suffered for 2 years), and adding 15 kgs more per wheel will seriously limit your long hill climb even after the re-gearing.

Jeepers get away with re-gearing to a greater extent as stock wrangler runs in 130-140 hp/ton bracket vs LC100 90-100 hp/ton.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

14 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Re-gearing is a performance mod and not a power mod.

You won't have more wheel powers with re-gearing but make a best use of existing wheel power.

LC100 is inherently underpowered for long hill climb (I suffered for 2 years), and adding 15 kgs more per wheel will seriously limit your long hill climb even after the re-gearing.

Jeepers get away with re-gearing to a greater extent as stock wrangler runs in 130-140 hp/ton bracket vs LC100 90-100 hp/ton.

Again agree @Gaurav, but life will be so boring if we all have the same views ☺️

1. 15kgs per wheel is assumption many would make especially when ppl think bigger tires = LT (Light Truck) rating. Fact is on https://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/geolandar-a-t-g015  and let's compare spec on spec:

275/70/R16 (old tires) : unit weight 41.8 lbs x 4 = 167.2 lbs = 75.84 kg

P285/70/R17 (new tires and not LT!) : unit weight 45 lbs x 4 = 180 lbs = 81.64 kg

Is it really 15kg diff in total? Well 81.64 - 75.84 = 5.8 kg only, almost 3x over-assumption ☺️

2. Agree with your power mod preference, but re-gearing is still a mechanical improvement before we start messing with the engine. We all get carried away with so much wisdom but forget the simple fact when we were kids: when we use Mountain Bike to climb uphill, do we use the "stock gear" or do we change to a gear that allows us to pedal many times for a single wheel rotation that makes it a bit easier to climb with the bike ☺️

3. Yes the LC100 is a heavy beast due to the Iron Block Engine and Toyota purposely tuned it down (make it slow) to last 1,000,000 miles as a towing truck and overlanding. But right now at my level, it's nice cos I can take the family for camping and light offroading. I already took out the running boards and 3rd row seats to make the LC100 a bit lighter, but if I want to become Expert in Carnity, agree I won't use the LC100. I'll get the highest Power-to-Weight ratio I can get: probably a short-wheel-base Nissan VTC that I can later tune to 1,000 horsepower with just 40,000 dirhams extra like below shot ☺️ But i'm in no hurry to climb that ladder yet... still enjoying my honeymoon with the LC100 and overlanding with fam...

44561297-DC6C-40CA-A012-DB9E61B7C00E.png.2eb262bcb8cf9252c44265316b081b2d.png

Love to see your assumptions in actions.

I was just trying to share my own experience from the past and of course you should try your own ideas as with times many things, specs, and limitation changes. Go for it.

Bigger tire will surely adds to better ground clearance to enhance approach angle and speed so you can attack Faya at 60 kmph than 40 kmph.

Btw all these advises I purely shared out of my personal experience and frustration and have no relevance to Carnity offroad structure requirements, where extreme drives are marked as optional. You can still become an expert or even marshal with same LC100 and stock size tires as car is just 25% of the overall equation. Just clarifying.