Summer Off-road Adventures

Hi @Gaurav Sonii understand from Fred that you are driving a tuned Pajero, I am driving 2008 3.0LWB which has the transmission upshift issue. I am planning to do ecu remap from chipcentic, so prior to getting this done, thought of getting feedback from you on the engine performance and any other issues confronted post upgrade.

• Like (+1) 1
1 hour ago, Naveen Raj said:

Hi @Gaurav Sonii understand from Fred that you are driving a tuned Pajero, I am driving 2008 3.0LWB which has the transmission upshift issue. I am planning to do ecu remap from chipcentic, so prior to getting this done, thought of getting feedback from you on the engine performance and any other issues confronted post upgrade.

@GauravSoni

Tagged the real GauravSoni ;) 

• Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hey @Naveen Raj I did my car tuning using unichip… it gave me 5 engine maps to choose from based on the drive.. a much more economical than standard stock map to a high power output map… my major issue was the transmission not holding the gear 1 which is needed for long climbs… unichip solved that situation for me… now it holds gear one with 6000 rpm (duff duff sound )as long/as high momentum takes me!

I am not so sure about chip centric as it’s a one time tune with no choices. but neither have I seen it personally.. so it’s your better judgement. Do let me know your experience. 

Edited by GauravSoni
  • Thanks (+1) 1
24 minutes ago, GauravSoni said:

Hey @Naveen Raj I did my car tuning using unichip… it gave me 5 engine maps to choose from based on the drive.. a much more economical than standard stock map to a high power output map… my major issue was the transmission not holding the gear 1 which is needed for long climbs… unichip solved that situation for me… now it holds gear one with 6000 rpm (duff duff sound )as long/as high your  momentum takes you! 

I am not so sure about chip centric as it’s a one time tune with no choices. but neither have I seen it personally.. so it’s your better judgement. Do let me know your experience. 

Thanks @GauravSoni. I have been told the remap will hike the rpm limit to 6000 (which I hope will resolve the upshift issue) complemented by 25hp increase and 30 to 40Nm torque gain.. will let u know the outcome after the remap..

6 hours ago, GauravSoni said:

@Naveen Raj I would suggest that you make sure that they confirm that upshifting will be resolved.. I think it needs some cabling to be done from the engine bay.

Well noted @GauravSoni

@GauravSoniI have done the ecu remap, the upshift now happens at around 5800rpm, previously it was happening at 5500rpm, I could feel the difference in torque In first and second gear between 3000 to 4000rpm which I believe will make my hill climb effortless than before, but still I have to learn to control my rpm below 5800. Now will have to wait and see how these performance figures will help me in sand.

Unfortunately the garage did not provide any sort of report for the performance figures they claimed nevertheless I could feel the difference while driving.

I have checked with unichip but the price quoted ( 2650 AED) was not within my budget.

That’s amazing @Naveen Raj… what I understand is your max rpm has been bumped upto 5800…if I read it correctly , it mean that upshift happens but now at 5.8k!! 
that’s definitely better than stock…

unichip is expensive. I paid 3k about 7 months ago for the Q4 version. 

C u in soon in sand!

• Totally Agree (+2) 1
1 hour ago, GauravSoni said:

That’s amazing @Naveen Raj… what I understand is your max rpm has been bumped upto 5800…if I read it correctly , it mean that upshift happens but now at 5.8k!! 
that’s definitely better than stock…

unichip is expensive. I paid 3k about 7 months ago for the Q4 version. 

C u in soon in sand!

Your understanding is correct, it’s a lot better than stock now.. see you soon in sand 😀

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By TheoB
      Hi Everyone,
      I have a SWB Pajero 3.8 and looking to buy new AT tyres.
      Preferably going with 265/65r18. Very common size for Pajero in Australia and South Africa with no issues.
      I originally looked at Geolanders Go15 but I've seen some people complaining about the sidewall strength. I indent to visit the wadis frequently, so I'm slightly put off by that. The other option is Kumho AT51.
      At this stage neither tyre is available in the size I want but they are available in 275/65r18. There are mixed opinions for running that size in the 3.2 diesel versions but I can't seem to find any information on the 3.8. Although I've seen a couple running that size around here.
      Has anyone tried 275/65r18 on their Pajero? I'd appreciate to hear your opinions.
      Theo

• By Gaurav
      With every carnity drive setting newbie level higher and higher, so this week demands bit more challenging and thrilling terrain of Murqquab to Lisalli. It's a combination of various set of dunes from small - med - large, where smaller takes the name of nasty technical dunes and big dunes demand good momentum to continue riding until you are through to a flat area. This time I plan to introduce ridge riding, slip face attack and side sloping. These all three are expert level skills, but we will start learning these in the intermediate terrain to give time to absorb and react. This area is very famous for Gazelle sighting so riding with your best long range camera is highly advisable.
      When: 17 March 2017
      Meeting time: 12:30 PM
      Starting time: 01:00 PM (SHARP) soon after Friday prayer

Where: Mosque inside the Marqquab area.
      GPS Coordinate:  https://goo.gl/maps/n3iAGB7m2KJ2
      Level of drive: Intermediate

Type of drive: Although it's not a typical family drive, but feel free to bring them if they like more of drive time
      Plan: Lunch and Learn advance sand off-road driving
      What to bring along: Ready lunch (no bbq), water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn
      Approximate finish time: 6 PM
      Safety advice:
      All vehicles should have proper tow hook in front and back Drive is open only for proper 4x4 vehicles, not for SUV's and Sedan's Vehicle should have minimum 10-12 inches of ground clearance Every vehicle should have proper shovel, tow rope, tire pressure gauge, deflator, inflator and two way radio

• By Frederic
      The Offroading season is in full swing, and the Carnity Team wants to deliver you an exciting morning of desert fun!
      This drive is suited to all first time desert drivers. Our group of trained seniors will guide you in making this a day you won't forget. Also people who have prior offroad experience will definitely continue to learn and embrace our Carnity Culture !
      The famous red dunes of the Mahafiz - Fossil Rock area are a sight to behold, and easily adaptable to any level. 
      The drive will start with a detailed briefing where we emphasize on safety aspects, explain the best practices, and make sure you enter the dunes well prepared. 
      After deflating, we will drive 2-3 hours in sand dunes and then take a break for some refreshments over a feedback and assessment session for each offroader.
      We kindly advise all Absolute Newbies to provide a small introduction on this thread with basic information about themselves, which type of 4x4, prior offroad experience if any, and confirmation that the tow points are in good condition.

When: 7 Feb 2020, Friday
      Meeting time: 6:45 AM, Briefing will start 7:00 AM sharp
      Where: Al Batayeh - Al Faya Road
      MEETING POINT GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/uwFxCHGBWB37pPNi6
      Level: All levels (Absolute Newbie and Newbie).
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
      Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 11:30 AM
      What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time:  12:00 PM - (much before Friday prayer)
      Friday Prayer Mosque 1: Shabiyat Bin Suhail Mosque Maliha - https://goo.gl/maps/t5W3uphN423z2QFJA
      Friday Prayer Mosque 2: Maliha Mosque  - https://goo.gl/maps/UVtab2zBJTkwAS497
      MUST READ: 
      First off-road drive checklist Off Road Driving - Roles & Responsibilities Off road Driving Etiquette's Off-road Convoy Rules Off roading - Everything you need to know  
      PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR:

• By GauravSoni
      I am looking to install light bars for night driving. With a wide array of options to choose from I am Finding it hard to make a choice. Can anyone based on their experience recommend
      1.brands that have stood up to the job and which ones to avoid?
      2. What is a the reasonable wattage that I should look for e.g 420? 
      3. For e.g  is the LED rated for 420w output or 420 w halogen equivalent ? (Former is better)
      4. Which configuration is ideal ? 1 bar on top + 2 small beamers on the hood + 1 each on side + 1 back? Is this overkill?

• By Zed
      This video is dedicated to the 7 Camaraderie of Bu Tais @Farouq Owdeh @Taufique Surve @Hasan Wahlan @Karthikeyan Govindarajan @xavier @Mus_hus78. Remember what HeadMaster @Asif Hussain says: Follow the track 😂😂😂

VID-20210402-WA0001.mp4

Important Information

Terms of use