•  

The Ultimate Compressor Review 2021

Frederic

18 minutes ago, Krishna R said:

BTW the Baofeng (with screen) is available for 95 aed but the shop guy said the crony is better than the baofeng in terms of signal distance so i went with the crony even though the baofeng looked really cool :) 

about the compressor, I just pray that the quality guys were in a good mood while manufacturing my compressor. 

The Crony has less interference issues. The Baofeng models are great too but some of them need some finetuning to get rid of the interference and static.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

On 2/9/2022 at 2:01 PM, Frederic said:

The Crony has less interference issues. The Baofeng models are great too but some of them need some finetuning to get rid of the interference and static.

@Frederic did you try out the new Baofeng BF-UV9RPlus? I bought it a couple of days ago from Dragon Mart for 130 AED. 1 thing I noticed with this high power two way radio is it has very less interference, more richer sound from the speakers and build quality looks much better than the UV5R models. Snugly fits inside the palm as its much bigger due to bigger battery as its 10W. Tried it already in last drive and results were satisfactory. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/20/2021 at 12:49 PM, Karthik Raptor said:

3693882A-838E-451F-A7D5-DC20300C7D49.jpeg

Be careful with this compressor. The 1 @Shaaz Sha bought with much expectation failed in less than 4 months and is now total scrap. The 4 cylinder for this compressor is to inflate with 2 different air pipe lines for a single or double tire. The compressor had a problem too. It tends to get hot very fast and Shaaz had to keep the compressor running inside his car with the AC on so as to cool the motor. Plus the compressor is too heavy to be transported to the bonnet and back and has to be fixed permanently. The problem with that compressor was the electronic board just got fried. Once the board was repaired and refixed the motor fried up. Will try rewinding the motor if possible and will post the outcome if successful. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese

On 2/9/2022 at 1:22 PM, Krishna R said:

Hey Guys,

Went to DM last eve and bought the Golden camel double cylinder (the red one) for 265 aed. 

Tried 10 different shops. no one wanted to budge from 280 aed. Some of them had no hoses, no carry bags etc. 

Finally found a bangladeshi guy who let it go for 265 aed and gave me a new box. It comes with the compressor, long hose with a pressure monitor and a carry bag. Bag seems cheap and would tear apart in 2 weeks. 

No warranty offered whatsoever, but i got it checked with a small battery at the shop. Fingers crossed. Shop guy bluntly said it will work for 1 week or 1 year or 10 years depending on my luck. He even muttered a small prayer for the compressor to work :)

Also bought Crony MT777 for 115 aed and a flag mount with suction cup for 85 aed.

Can share the shop names and details if required.

Please share the name of the shop for the compressor on my whatsapp 0552690503. My existing single cylinder Camel bid me farewell after inflating 3 tires during last drive. No complaints though and has regards for its service for 1 year and 3 months. Has done inflation for 95 drives which roughly translates to 2.25 AED cost per drive as it cost me 230 AED back then. The compressor I bought for 60 AED from Amazon told me to get lost after my initial 3 drives. I was too in experienced to differentiate between a good compressor and a bad one those days. Now its time to buy my 3rd one. 

16 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Frederic did you try out the new Baofeng BF-UV9RPlus? I bought it a couple of days ago from Dragon Mart for 130 AED. 1 thing I noticed with this high power two way radio is it has very less interference, more richer sound from the speakers and build quality looks much better than the UV5R models. Snugly fits inside the palm as its much bigger due to bigger battery as its 10W. Tried it already in last drive and results were satisfactory. 

Hi @Thomas Varghese that model is definitely a good improvement over the UV5R (which has been in production for a long time already). 

The fact that it's 10W is not so important. Most Chinese brands hardly put over 3Watts in real life testing. What is a plus point is the bigger battery which should have longer durability.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Thomas Varghese that model is definitely a good improvement over the UV5R (which has been in production for a long time already). 

The fact that it's 10W is not so important. Most Chinese brands hardly put over 3Watts in real life testing. What is a plus point is the bigger battery which should have longer durability.

Plus the sound quality is much better and interference due to static is minimal. For the 1st time in all my drives till date I could hear the communication so clearly 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Be careful with this compressor. The 1 @Shaaz Sha bought with much expectation failed in less than 4 months and is now total scrap. The 4 cylinder for this compressor is to inflate with 2 different air pipe lines for a single or double tire. The compressor had a problem too. It tends to get hot very fast and Shaaz had to keep the compressor running inside his car with the AC on so as to cool the motor. 

Honestly i was kind of expecting that. 

More cylinders = more heat, and on top of that if this thing really pulls +90 AMPS then your alternator will suffer too, resulting in a voltage drop, which will then again result in less performance.

I think these compressors are great for "occasional use" but not for a weekly dedicated offroader. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

5 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Honestly i was kind of expecting that. 

More cylinders = more heat, and on top of that if this thing really pulls +90 AMPS then your alternator will suffer too, resulting in a voltage drop, which will then again result in less performance.

I think these compressors are great for "occasional use" but not for a weekly dedicated offroader. 

He had to use heavy duty wiring from the battery to the compressor as the initial wiring provided just burned up after some time. It maybe this incident which created the short circuit which finally damaged the compressor. 
The compressor only inflates the tires at the usual rate for a double cylinder which is 300L/min. The 4 cylinders are to be used with 2 different pipelines. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

He had to use heavy duty wiring from the battery to the compressor as the initial wiring provided just burned up after some time. It maybe this incident which created the short circuit which finally damaged the compressor. 
The compressor only inflates the tires at the usual rate for a double cylinder which is 300L/min. The 4 cylinders are to be used with 2 different pipelines. 

I had the same issue when I ran a direct connection from the battery to the compressor. Had to get a heavy duty single core wire (repurposed a new heavy duty jump start cable) along with AC power switch.

I have used the compressor for more than 10 times now, inflates 4 tyres in one go under 10 mins using the single pipeline. So far so good!

Edited by Karthik Raptor
  • Like (+1) 1

Try using 2 pipelines to inflate 2 tires each. I believe I have seen 2 out going pipelines from this compressor to inflate so that you take advantage of the 4 cylinders all at once rather than using it as a double cylinder compressor by using only a single pipe line. 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use