Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 1 Oct 2021

Wrangeld

In the words of another journey, "the pattern is full". 

Looking forward to seeing all you intrepid Sweihan adventurers on Friday. Please keep in mind, this is a Newbie drive. There is still room on the Fewbie drive if you feel that you might be in any way frustrated driving at newbie level (and have the rank)

Not that I want to lose you - just so there's a complete management of expectations.

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Niki said:

@Wrangeld sad to have to leave the drive and miss the chance to join this super convoy for my first AD trip.  Have a safe and fun ride all! 

Opens up a space for @PaoloMaraziti if you did not yet find a ride. 

And then there were 9 (plus three seniors to manage!)

A few small points -

All drivers who have driven before should have a radio, flag, deflation tool, compressor and shovel. We will not have multiple spares in case you forget. 

We try to leave on time - if you're not there by the time we are ready to leave, we will be gone. 

Check out your car before you come - it takes a few minutes to check fluids etc., a few hours if you break down because you did not. 

Focus - if you're just starting out, better to have as few distractions as possible. Don't bring the whole family if you've never driven before. 

On 9/28/2021 at 6:47 AM, Wrangeld said:

Please, yes bring a deflator and compressor. If you have a flag, even better.

Hi @Wrangeld I found a flag at but I'm having some trouble fixing it to my vehicle. Do you know of any place in Abu Dhabi where they can help me fix it?

9 hours ago, Mohamed Aashiq Salahudeen said:

Hi @Wrangeld I found a flag at but I'm having some trouble fixing it to my vehicle. Do you know of any place in Abu Dhabi where they can help me fix it?

I'm not based in AD. Maybe an AD based driver can help? 

I guess you did not buy the suction cap type. 

Intrepid Sweihan discoverers, 

Please see below the planned convoy for tomorrow morning. We will use radio channel one. 

@mikaeel shaik @Mohamed Aashiq Salahudeen @Mohammed Yazir Thattarathil @Mohseen Suliman @Alex Raptor @Walter Palk @Ferl Brown @Christopher Assal @Nabeel Abdul Rahman @Jeepie

image.png.df1f86466020a85b459c250f7d9cfd45.png

image.png

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

I'm not based in AD. Maybe an AD based driver can help? 

I guess you did not buy the suction cap type. 

The suction cap was out of stock (went to ACE store). Trying today to get it fixed in Musaffah, if I'm unable to fix it does it mean that I can't join the convoy?

22 minutes ago, Mohamed Aashiq Salahudeen said:

The suction cap was out of stock (went to ACE store). Trying today to get it fixed in Musaffah, if I'm unable to fix it does it mean that I can't join the convoy?

If it's a standard AOR I have carry a spare suction cap in my car. Bring cable ties with you. We will find a way to make it work and as an absolute first timer, we can make a few concessions. 

1 hour ago, Wrangeld said:

If it's a standard AOR I have carry a spare suction cap in my car. Bring cable ties with you. We will find a way to make it work and as an absolute first timer, we can make a few concessions. 

Yes. Its a standard AOR. Sure. Thanks for the concession :) 

Important Information

Terms of use