Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 18 Dec- 2021

M.Seidam

Many thanks for the beautiful drive yesterday @M.Seidam ! You have composed a great itinerary, with the initial warm-up on the long range dunes, then the technical portion, where we could seen that keeping the momentum and the balance of the car is very important. 

Once fully awake, we could start the long ridge riding ! It was beautiful from the back to see the full convoy aligned on these long ridges, with the wind blowing sand from the side. Again on the ridge itself, momentum (and not speed) is the key, to keep the balance of the car, and avoid fighting the gravity. When needed, the drivers have exited safely on one side or the other, following the recommendations of @M.Seidam.

We had a few stucks, nothing major, giving the opportunity for shoveling, and twice, we finally used the rope to save time. that's part of the learning also. Yesterday the wind was also in the party, I still have sand in my eyes !!

The convoy drove very well, following your tracks and recommendations.

@topgear, excellent 2nd lead, holding and rerouting when needed. You could test the self recovery capabilities of the FJ from a crest !

@Faisal Alhashimi, very well driven, following accurately the tracks of the 2nd lead

@Morshedi, keep driving, you will control your speed and find the right momentum to stay on the ridges and limit your fishtailing on the side slopes.

@Tom V, well done, continue to practice to find the balance between speed and momentum on the ridges.

@Imteeaz Goolamhossen, well driven also, once the tire pressure was adjusted !

@Marcin Wronowski, @Simon Claes, @Peter Hager very comfortable yesterday, for you it was like a drive in the park !

Thanks @Looper for the support in the recoveries !

Enjoy the week !

Edited by JeromeFJ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear friends 

I was so delighted to see everyone yesterday morning ahead of time ready for a drive that was by all means super fantastic by your passion and adherence to the safety aspect of driving in desert well abided by the convoy discipline and the most the high team spirit and understanding this team motor sport . 

I would say every one of you guys had the chance to feel his own vehicle especially the new Fewbies whom really did well all and all.

I adopted my style stemming from my believe that any sport needs a warming up and ours is no different and increasing the pace and difficulty accordingly depending on the response till  , if appropriate to say , the yellow/Red line of the drive level . in this one I might have touched the red no crossing it toward the climax at the end when I gave clear instructions to my second lead to exit earlier than I did . Safety is Number one Rule in all circumstances regardless the drive level .

@topgear actually it’s maybe first time to have a closer meeting although we drove together before on more than one occasion . Your second lead was awesome taking carefully my instructions so the connected like magnet vehicles behind you did . Well done 👍 

@Faisal Alhashimi nice meeting you bro and actually we arrived together almost same time 2 or 3 minutes passed 06:30 😊 . You drove like a pro . 

@Marcin Wronowski the promotion came just on time 😉 you did great managing your pagero very well

@Morshedi I always loved the yellow ( limo ; an old friend used to call the LWB wrangler). Two awesome crests is ain’t a shame at all this is the way how we all learned , I wish to get crested like you did 😅

@Simon Claes along with the sky yesterday both blue that from far I almost couldn’t see you😎 nice meeting you and very well done 

@Tom V you reminded me at my old days and after sometime the ridges were all mine so it will be yours . Excellent 👍

@Imteeaz Goolamhossen bro your driving skills in short time as we drive couple of times in a row is just exponentially becoming sleeker and smoother seeming you understand the game very well now . Keep it up bro and thanks for the inflator connector nozzle 🙏

@Peter Hager flawless and pleasure seeing again and pleasure meeting your father I hope he enjoyed it the same way we all did . Keep it up 👍 

@Looper  and @Gerome gentlemen huge thanks for the support all along and knowing that your are in the back in the middle and sweep respectively it’s just a peace of mind to 👀 in front and concentrate on leading . Super support 🙏

Till next time hope to meet again take care and enjoy safely always 

some pictures and stat of trip in gallery 

And this humble clip below

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

4 hours ago, JeromeFJ said:

Many thanks for the beautiful drive yesterday @M.Seidam ! You have composed a great itinerary, with the initial warm-up on the long range dunes, then the technical portion, where we could seen that keeping the momentum and the balance of the car is very important. 

Once fully awake, we could start the long ridge riding ! It was beautiful from the back to see the full convoy aligned on these long ridges, with the wind blowing sand from the side. Again on the ridge itself, momentum (and not speed) is the key, to keep the balance of the car, and avoid fighting the gravity. When needed, the drivers have exited safely on one side or the other, following the recommendations of @M.Seidam.

We had a few stucks, nothing major, giving the opportunity for shoveling, and twice, we finally used the rope to save time. that's part of the learning also. Yesterday the wind was also in the party, I still have sand in my eyes !!

@topgear, excellent 2nd lead, holding and rerouting when needed. You could test the self recovery capabilities of the FJ from a crest !

@Faisal Alhashimi, very well driven, following accurately the tracks of the 2nd lead

@Morshedi, keep driving, you will control your speed and find the right momentum to stay on the ridges and limit your fishtailing on the side slopes.

@Tom V, well done, continue to practice to find the balance between speed and momentum on the ridges.

@Marcin Wronowski, @Simon Claes, @Peter Hager very comfortable yesterday, for you it was like a drive in the park !

Enjoy the week !

Dear @JeromeFJsuperb report and super support . Thank you so much 🙏

• Thanks (+1) 1

@M.Seidam @JeromeFJ  @topgear  @Looper

Thank you gents for ensuring that we all had fun and came out of this drive with more experience as FBs and no damage to our cars.

Warming up prior to hitting the technical dunes is critical for me (and maybe for some of others as well) as it gives me time to build up my confidence - thank you.

I can only look forward to our next drive together.

Cheers

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @M.Seidam for putting together the great drive. Very comfortable, considerate and safe. 

@JeromeFJThanks for your great support and tips how to use the gizmos that came with my FJ. Good for my knowledge bank. @Loopergreat support from you in this convoy. 

@Faisal Alhashimi I’m very impressed with your driving and reaction. 

overall I enjoyed the crisscrossing and ridge riding sessions and the desert in the great weather. Cross crossing is one of my many weaknesses and I’m glad I learnt some stuff from you guys. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 12/19/2021 at 8:44 PM, topgear said:

Thank you @M.Seidam for putting together the great drive. Very comfortable, considerate and safe. 

@JeromeFJThanks for your great support and tips how to use the gizmos that came with my FJ. Good for my knowledge bank. @Loopergreat support from you in this convoy. 

@Faisal Alhashimi I’m very impressed with your driving and reaction. 

overall I enjoyed the crisscrossing and ridge riding sessions and the desert in the great weather. Cross crossing is one of my many weaknesses and I’m glad I learnt some stuff from you guys. 

Thank you top gear

On 12/19/2021 at 3:12 PM, M.Seidam said:

Dear friends 

I was so delighted to see everyone yesterday morning ahead of time ready for a drive that was by all means super fantastic by your passion and adherence to the safety aspect of driving in desert well abided by the convoy discipline and the most the high team spirit and understanding this team motor sport . 

I would say every one of you guys had the chance to feel his own vehicle especially the new Fewbies whom really did well all and all.

I adopted my style stemming from my believe that any sport needs a warming up and ours is no different and increasing the pace and difficulty accordingly depending on the response till  , if appropriate to say , the yellow/Red line of the drive level . in this one I might have touched the red no crossing it toward the climax at the end when I gave clear instructions to my second lead to exit earlier than I did . Safety is Number one Rule in all circumstances regardless the drive level .

@topgear actually it’s maybe first time to have a closer meeting although we drove together before on more than one occasion . Your second lead was awesome taking carefully my instructions so the connected like magnet vehicles behind you did . Well done 👍 

@Faisal Alhashimi nice meeting you bro and actually we arrived together almost same time 2 or 3 minutes passed 06:30 😊 . You drove like a pro . 

@Marcin Wronowski the promotion came just on time 😉 you did great managing your pagero very well

@Morshedi I always loved the yellow ( limo ; an old friend used to call the LWB wrangler). Two awesome crests is ain’t a shame at all this is the way how we all learned , I wish to get crested like you did 😅

@Simon Claes along with the sky yesterday both blue that from far I almost couldn’t see you😎 nice meeting you and very well done 

@Tom V you reminded me at my old days and after sometime the ridges were all mine so it will be yours . Excellent 👍

@Imteeaz Goolamhossen bro your driving skills in short time as we drive couple of times in a row is just exponentially becoming sleeker and smoother seeming you understand the game very well now . Keep it up bro and thanks for the inflator connector nozzle 🙏

@Peter Hager flawless and pleasure seeing again and pleasure meeting your father I hope he enjoyed it the same way we all did . Keep it up 👍 

@Looper  and @Gerome gentlemen huge thanks for the support all along and knowing that your are in the back in the middle and sweep respectively it’s just a peace of mind to 👀 in front and concentrate on leading . Super support 🙏

Till next time hope to meet again take care and enjoy safely always 

some pictures and stat of trip in gallery 

And this humble clip below

Thank you very much 

On 12/19/2021 at 12:50 PM, JeromeFJ said:

Enjoy the week !

Thank you very much 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use