Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Suwaydan to Mahafiz - Sharjah - 6 Feb 2022

Frederic

DRIVE REPORT

We set off early morning on the sandy area across 2nd December Cafeteria, which is usually a busy place, but apparently at 7AM most offroaders, except the Carnity dudes, are still in bed :) 

The plan was to start with some technical dunes in Suwaydan area, which is a bit of a scenic area with lots of vegetation, camels, and nowadays even bulldozers. Some of the bulldozer tracks allowed us to do some nice climbs so we made the best of it.

With the whole convoy moving swiftly, before we knew it we were reaching the road, and crossed it to make our way to Faya. A dune which needs no introduction anymore. We found it completely abandoned hence climbed one by one up via the side.

Everyone made it to the to the top, some with a few more attempts but that gave us a great opportunity to practice and see how traction control, center diff lock, lower tyre pressure, and upshifting can have a great impact on making to the top or not.

From there we took the swooping bowls all the way via Camel Rock, The Sphinx, and exited at the pylon track and made our way back towards Mahafiz Mosque. All in all a great morning with great people !

@Joseph Sebastian as my perfect second lead, keeping a close watch on my tracks and improving them where needed. 

@Serhat Yalcinkaya you improve every drive. But for complete ease of mind i would recommend removing the front lip. Our marshal @Brette went through the same in his earlier days and is now offroading with full peace of mind.

@Udit S don't dismiss that little Prado too soon. It's capable of wonderful things. 

@Antony Abraham this time incident free :)  well driven !!

@Mahmoud Taha i love your Xterra and the way you handle it !

@Vishal Nair you handle the big Pajero perfectly, really impressed with your driving skills !

@Kishore Venkat and @Yesu Yarlagadda both taking the powerful mighty Patrols in the sand. Nicely done guys !

@Beide Worku Controlling that big beast is not easy but you master it wonderfully !

@Joao at the back digesting the churned up tracks with ease. Great drive !!

Thanks for the wonderful support as always @Rizwanm2 ! Hope your co-pilot had a great morning as well :) 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thanks very much @Frederic for the wonderful lead and shepherding us through some variable terrain, and as always with loads of patience and plenty of useful advice. And of course also to @Rizwanm2 for calm support and good ideas at the sweep. And to all the carnity folks for the teamwork, patience, impressive skills and good humor which made the whole experience a great morning out!

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/7/2022 at 11:04 AM, Frederic said:

DRIVE REPORT

We set off early morning on the sandy area across 2nd December Cafeteria, which is usually a busy place, but apparently at 7AM most offroaders, except the Carnity dudes, are still in bed :) 

The plan was to start with some technical dunes in Suwaydan area, which is a bit of a scenic area with lots of vegetation, camels, and nowadays even bulldozers. Some of the bulldozer tracks allowed us to do some nice climbs so we made the best of it.

With the whole convoy moving swiftly, before we knew it we were reaching the road, and crossed it to make our way to Faya. A dune which needs no introduction anymore. We found it completely abandoned hence climbed one by one up via the side.

Everyone made it to the to the top, some with a few more attempts but that gave us a great opportunity to practice and see how traction control, center diff lock, lower tyre pressure, and upshifting can have a great impact on making to the top or not.

From there we took the swooping bowls all the way via Camel Rock, The Sphinx, and exited at the pylon track and made our way back towards Mahafiz Mosque. All in all a great morning with great people !

@Joseph Sebastian as my perfect second lead, keeping a close watch on my tracks and improving them where needed. 

@Serhat Yalcinkaya you improve every drive. But for complete ease of mind i would recommend removing the front lip. Our marshal @Brette went through the same in his earlier days and is now offroading with full peace of mind.

@Udit S don't dismiss that little Prado too soon. It's capable of wonderful things. 

@Antony Abraham this time incident free :)  well driven !!

@Mahmoud Taha i love your Xterra and the way you handle it !

@Vishal Nair you handle the big Pajero perfectly, really impressed with your driving skills !

@Kishore Venkat and @Yesu Yarlagadda both taking the powerful mighty Patrols in the sand. Nicely done guys !

@Beide Worku Controlling that big beast is not easy but you master it wonderfully !

@Joao at the back digesting the churned up tracks with ease. Great drive !!

Thanks for the wonderful support as always @Rizwanm2 ! Hope your co-pilot had a great morning as well :) 

Thank you for the wonderful lead @Frederic.. looking forward to get some more dunes.. :) 

Important Information

Terms of use