•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Faqaa - Dubai - 23 Apr 2022

GauravSoni

Hi guys! It has been a really fun drive and looking forward to the next one soon!!

I just wanted to point out one thing that I saw during the drive that bothered me.

The desert is a treasure, the best we can do is to minimise our impact in the environment, that includes not throwing the cigarette butts on the ground, but put them in a tissue or a bag and throw them in the trash bin at the first opportunity.

I know, people are polluting this environment in even worse way, but things cannot get any better if we don’t have the common sense to start from these small basics.

Thank you all and I apologise it I broke the good vibes 😁

Looking forward to see you all again soon!

• Totally Agree (+2) 5

It had been quite a busy weekend for me, hence the delayed report

DRIVE REPORT:

Thank you  @Paolo Morresi @Paolo Pellegrini@Amr Aydin @Gertjan @Federico De Chirico @Federico Galbieri @Senthil Kumar  @eldose baby @Rob S  and @Frederic for joining the drive.

"If plan A doesn't work, we have another 25 letters in the alphabet" , this quote was apt for the drive that started just at the sunrise as we headed towards the technical areas behind solar park "Chimney". we intended to meander through the soft sands towards the long range dunes south of Solar park, however the sand gods had their own plan in making.  

we tried to loop back twice to navigate through the soft technical path which was greeted with few stucks and refusal at the start of the convoy including myself being stuck on a flat ground.  we were blessed to witness couple of excellent self and assisted recoveries following guidance from @Frederic

it was decided then to change the plan and head towards the long range dunes south of our meeting point making way through the sabkha where were greeted with huge long range dunes with some vegetation. taking the opportunity, we mixed the drive with some ridge riding, dune surfing and criss cross which was excellently executed by convoy. 

while going on a side slope ,we had a rear passenger tyre pop out for @Paolo Pellegrini . once sorted, we started moving south on the long range side slopes. at this point @Federico De Chirico experienced some issues with the transmission which kept on upshifting during the climbs. after a few futile attempts to see if the car runs normally, we exited the car. Hope you have identified the issue and fixed @Federico De Chirico. we re-entered the dunes and made our way to find ANGELA's BOWL, which i remember driving a year back. however to our surprise, the shifting sand changed the topography.  Making the best of the time remaining, we played around the huge slip faces pushing our cars to max Revs and then eventually exiting to tarmac around 9,30 am. 

we all learned something new, practiced something old, and remembered some good old stories. and yes, it was a drive of two and three's @Gertjan.   I hope you all enjoyed this drive as much as i enjoyed leading this one.

Thanks @Frederic for the valuable feedbacks and support.  well done @Rob S for a well executed CF and congrats @Senthil Kumarfor a job well done as your first Sweep i believe. 

you raised an excellent point @Federico Galbieri with the waste thrown in the desert. i am sure we all will keep that in consideration next time we get in. Thankyou!

See you all soon in sand!

Edited by GauravSoni
correctly tagged Senthil Kumar!
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use