•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Remah to Nahel - Abu Dhabi - Jan 8 2023

Frederic

My first off-road drive of 2023 started rather funny, with me getting stuck in an area with construction sand, nicely wedged inbetween two dunes. Thanks to @Fabien Monleau and a bit of shoveling, we could re-direct the car, and resume the drive within 20mins.

The first part in Remah in an area named after the Racetrack dunes, were super virgin and we had a blast with endless loops and climbs. Everyone drove magnificent but as we kept looping in the same area, my initial plan to make it to Nahel was getting impossible. Eventually we crossed Sweihan road and had our fill in the fantastic dunes of Sweihan who were quite scarred with muddy crosstracks.

I think we all had the opportunity to wake up our cars after their Christmas sleep, and we covered a good distance. When @VipinShetty announced he felt a bit queazy, it was the time to exit anyways so we took the dirt track to the Sweihan entry point. 

@Salim Akhtar you drove brilliant as second lead. Keep it up !

@VipinShetty i know the Grand Cherokee is a tricky car to drive, but you mastered it like a pro !

@Karthikeyan Govindarajan your experience shows on this drive, taking perfect lines and using the massive torque of your 4x4

@Daniel Rodas you are mastering the Pajero and the terrain wonderfully, great to see you drive like that !

@Jona I really love the FJ cruiser, and you take it through the terrain very skillfully ! well done !

@Dodi Syahdar as usual, in full control of the massive power, and with a big smile surfing through the dunes !

@Amr Aydin usually somewhere to be found in second lead, but this time all the way at the back :) Well done !!

@Fabien Monleauyour presence is always re-assuring, and your eagerness to help is perfect for a sweep ! Thanks so much.

Wishing you all a nice cloudy remainder of the weekend ! 

See you all soon !

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

We broke a Guinness Record, with @Fredericgetting stacked in a sharp pocket, at the desert entrance. As always, I was glad, not to be the first one 🤣

After a quick recovery, @Fredericled us beautifully and smoothly from Remah to Sweihan. Winter light was beautiful. After the rains, sand quickly became slippery mud, transforming the desert into rainforest soil. At the end of the convoy, @Amr Aydinand myself had to always search for fresh sand.

Everybody drove perfectly with minor refusals. Thank you very much and have a nice week. Looking for driving with you next week end again…

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use