Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Star Trek Voyager: The Climbing Challenge - Sharjah - 10 Feb 2023

Ale Vallecchi

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above

When:  10 February 2023, Friday

Meeting time:  2:30 PM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/1hQfwFY26ATiafuE9

Action Plan:  The dunes from Bezhad Ranch to Badayer are known as "star dune", because of their shape, modelled by the wind blowing in a circular pattern. This gave me the idea of a Star Trek series, which took place toward the end of 2022. It's now time to return to this universe of stars and voyage through their sandy slopes. This time the goal will be to explore the higher reaches of this star dune's paradise, attempting to climb more than 1,220 meters from one of the previous Star Treks. 

Approximate finish time: 06:00 PM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

• Ale Vallecchi changed the title to Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Star Trek Voyager: The Climbing Challenge - Sharjah - 10 Feb 2023

Good morning @Ale Vallecchi unfortunately, I won't be able to make the drive time on Friday as I have a university interview that I have to attend.  I was really looking forward to this drive because I'm a huge fan of the Star Trek series my favorite being Next generation or Deep space Nine. Enjoy the drive and I hope to join everyone on the next one. Live Long and Prosper 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Hey Ale and Star Trek Fans

I just thought I would leave this here 😁

IMG_20230208_202425.jpg

Edited by imranaasghar81
  • WOW (+2) 7

@imranaasghar81 I'm trying to think of a reply, but I believe I'm totally speechless 😂 is this the part where you tell me that you have met Sir Patrick Stewart as well?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

@imranaasghar81 I am jealous, what great photos with the casts.

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, apologies but I’ll have to withdraw as I have a small issue with the car which may or may not be rectified by tomorrow . 

I’ve removed myself from the drive list .

• Sad (0) 1

7 hours ago, Benjamin said:

@imranaasghar81 I'm trying to think of a reply, but I believe I'm totally speechless 😂 is this the part where you tell me that you have met Sir Patrick Stewart as well?

Didn't meet him like the others but he was in front of me on stage  and I took a discreet pic 

I won't lie I was so nervous lol I wish I just asked him for a pic

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts,

a quick head up before tomorrow's drive.

We'll meet quite far from Dubai (plan a bit more than 1 hours, depending on your origin). You may refill just before Madam. 

The drive plans to move from one pyramid of star dunes to the next, all the way to Badayer. There are around 13 such pyramids in the area, and we'll attempt to climb and circle as many as possible, keeping in mind the exit time around 6:00PM. The extra element of difficulty should be that we'll be moving generally from the slip-faces to the hard faces. The bonus may be that we'll find less tracks and convoys then on a weekend (yet tourist will be crawling the dunes near Badayer, no matter what).

The convoy order, at the moment, is the following:

@Joji varghese in Second Lead

@Richard Franks at #3

@Senthil Kumar #4

@Ashutosh Garg in #5

@Beide Worku at #6, and 

@Pacific in Sweep.

We'll pick the radio channel at the meeting place.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 3

Dear @Ale Vallecchi apologies for the late notice, I have to withdraw the drive due to some medical condition. Started the fever and cough from today evening.

See you soon friends.. 

• Sad (0) 1

6 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts,

a quick head up before tomorrow's drive.

We'll meet quite far from Dubai (plan a bit more than 1 hours, depending on your origin). You may refill just before Madam. 

The drive plans to move from one pyramid of star dunes to the next, all the way to Badayer. There are around 13 such pyramids in the area, and we'll attempt to climb and circle as many as possible, keeping in mind the exit time around 6:00PM. The extra element of difficulty should be that we'll be moving generally from the slip-faces to the hard faces. The bonus may be that we'll find less tracks and convoys then on a weekend (yet tourist will be crawling the dunes near Badayer, no matter what).

The convoy order, at the moment, is the following:

@Joji varghese in Second Lead

@Richard Franks at #3

@Senthil Kumar #4

@Ashutosh Garg in #5

@Beide Worku at #6, and 

@Pacific in Sweep.

We'll pick the radio channel at the meeting place.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Dear Mr @Ale Vallecchi

I hope you doing well.

I don’t see my name in your convoy order list. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use