•  

Full Day Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Solar to Sweihan Sprint - Dubai - 9 Apr 2023

Frederic

6 hours ago, Frederic said:

CONVOY LIST FOR TOMORROW

image.png.d117c3871bbdc9fd377b2b9030963349.png

@Rob S @Bjoern @AlexM@Jona@Richard Franks @Zed@DP1011@Looper

Good afternoon guys !

We will be using Channel 3 tomorrow: 446.056 Mhz

See you all in the morning !

Can i join this drive ?

@Frederic @Looper

• Like (+1) 1

I am just a participant in this drive @Mahmoud Taha. The drive is open for 10 cars technically.

@Frederic to revert. 

• Like (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

5 hours ago, Mahmoud Taha said:

Can i join this drive ?

@Frederic @Looper

Sure you’re welcome to join in 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

What an awesome drive! We managed to cover a lot of distance across different desert areas, all the way to the magnificent Sweihan, which never disappoints. Thanks @Frederic for planning and organising it, we were spot on at the exit at 3pm which is not easy to manage on such long drives. Thanks to all the support team and @Zed for pulling me out from that embarassing cresting incident (I think I was the only one who required a tug during the whole drive?). Even though waking up at 4am is not our type of fun, we never regretted it! 

My lost front number plate was an icing on the cake!

Edited by AlexM
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

What a convoy ! 

@Rob S @Bjoern @AlexM@Jona@Richard Franks @Zed@Mahmoud Taha@Looper

We set off in the shadows of the chimney near Solar Park Dubai, and the first 30mins was just ploughing our way through the grass and vegetation. Once we passed this area, we entered Little Sweihan from the West side near the military fence and started navigating the tight rolling dunes. We found soft sand but everyone pushed their way through and soon we were in Faqa.

More vegetation was found on our way and we were getting hungry for some nice open dunes where we could stretch our legs. We played around a bit in Faqah, but decided to cross the border into Al Ajban territory, which consisted of a combo of technical dunes and once we came closer to Nahel we found 1 big bowl where we had our fill. 

After crossing the E20, we took some rest nearby the Nahel shops and @Zed did a quick pitstop repair of the Jeep as it was having a bit of a tantrum. (thats what Jeeps do i was told)... :) 

After our lunch/pitstop, we dashed on to North of Sweihan where finally the nice big dunes were being revealed. To keep the adrenaline flowing we ramped up the pace and flew through it like a bunch of hungry hyena's. 

We finally exited at the "Africa" entry point after having completed 150kms through the desert. Nicely on time and everyone in one piece. I thank you all heartfully for joining on this trip !

CD8E076E-96E6-4C29-B9B7-94A083E4679B.png.f21e7d3a6445c9533415f7482c699db1.png

https://www.relive.cc/view/vWqB3DQ4pYv

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

14 hours ago, AlexM said:

Thanks to all the support team and @Zed for pulling me out from that embarassing cresting incident (I think I was the only one who required a tug during the whole drive?).

Hi @AlexM there's no embarrassment in getting stuck or crested, sometimes it just happens (usually for people at the back as the people in front left sand churned up 😁 ).  Next time, let's position you behind my car, and you'd see sometimes I moved a bit to the left or to the right, just to get fresh sand & traction. To be fair, @Richard Franks was also in similar predicament as yours and I positioned my car ready to tug him, but @Rob S thought us cool trick with the A-Trac system of FJ 👍 . Don't worry though,  some Jeep folks said we have the same thing called Brake-Lock-Differential that uses ABS for preventing wheels spinning and redirect power to the wheels with traction. Please refer to below screenshots & links I share.

@Frederic it seems the Hill Descent button on Jeep acts like a center diff lock, we should try this next time a Jeeper is stuck 😄

Jeep links to watch when stuck:

Using Hill Descent button as Diff Lock

1980070137_WhatsAppImage2023-04-10at9_37_36AM.jpeg.99ae1eca8d2f301bfcdbcaf4eeda2c2d.jpeg

Turning off ABS Kill Switch (reset to normal mode) to allow Traction Control to figure out things

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CY3udVToeWh/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Jeep Brake-Lock Differential Demo

Edited by Zed
  • Like (+1) 3

Hi all,

What a fantastic drive yesterday! Thanks to @Frederic for the detailed planning and leading us on the epic 150km journey via the desert to Sweihan! Thanks to @Looper and @Zed for the support to the convoy and well done to the rest of the convoy, everyone drove excellently!

looking forward to seeing you all on the sand again soon! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use