Advertise here

Pajero impersonating a Jeep for a week.

13 hours ago, Stumpy Paj said:

@Alexanderrr thank you, I think it is the bushes inside the rack that are flogged out, it is not leaking yet. This is my second rack (used) and it has been rebuilt already so I don’t have much confidence in any of the work shops here.  I should have just brought a new one the first time around 😂

if they can replace the bushes and adjust the backlash properly, and provide a warranty then would definitely look at a rebuild. If you know of any shops I could talk to that would be great 

@Stumpy Paj MHO - As we offroad regularly, getting a new steering rack doesn't make sense and I presume you wont get warranty even for new steering rack. The best option is to get them rebuilt at a professional lathe and repeat that every 40 drives. 

I get mine done in sharjah industrial area but you might find some good ones in Dubai as well. The sharjah guys charged around 600 aed. Dubai might be around 200 extra. 

You can rebuild the old one 4- 5 times with the cost of buying a new one, which might still rattle after 40 drives.

I don't know the exact shop so you might have to ask around. You can check with @Gaurav SoniBhai's garage as they are experts in Pajeros.

Also, you would not be able to replace it in the car park, and we need to do alignment as well. Better to get it done at a garage.

• Thanks (+1) 1