•  
Advertise here

How to request a car colour change in Dubai from my experience.

Benjamin

Excellent and informative write-up - it could not be any more detailed IMO.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

• Gaurav changed the title to How to request a car colour change in Dubai from my experience.

I have written a similar one for finding the CID office (somewhere in ghusais) for getting permission for full color repaint back in 2017.

But yours is a fantastic write-up with much more and newer details with updated contact, well done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thank you @Gaurav! means a lot, just hoping these more updated details will help someone to get through this process or help them decide if the process is worth the struggle to go through in the first place :) 

• Like (+1) 1

Very well written @Benjamin.. one word of advise is to secure CID approval prior to starting any color change as in many cases they will request the car to be brought for inspection and if the color is changed already from what is recorded in Mulkia it can complicate things.. bare in mind that the main purpose of the CID preapproval is to ensure the owner is not changing the color to hide something (hit and run or other major offense) so if they are suspicious for any reason and color is already changes it can be a big problem 

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

Thank you @Benjamin for the clear and fantastic info.

once the RTA tasjeel personel asked about the black star ( sticker ) on both sides of my Xterra and i told him that its mentioned in the Mulkia color black and white and there is no spesification for stickers as when i bought the car it was registered as such and Transfer registration was done as such from the first place and he accepted. and yes if the stripes fade away or in my case i had to re place it due to a car body work last year.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

56 minutes ago, Islam Soliman said:

Very well written @Benjamin.. one word of advise is to secure CID approval prior to starting any color change as in many cases they will request the car to be brought for inspection and if the color is changed already from what is recorded in Mulkia it can complicate things.. bare in mind that the main purpose of the CID preapproval is to ensure the owner is not changing the color to hide something (hit and run or other major offense) so if they are suspicious for any reason and color is already changes it can be a big problem 

Totally agree @Islam Soliman I tried securing CID approval before putting stickers first visited an RTA HQ located beside the airport, who then pointed me to a nearby police station HQ for CID approval, they ended up being closed, this leading to the police station in Warsan 2 though it might be a good idea to get a signature from the officer there but they told me the approval will come through with the Dubai police app, even when I voiced the concerns of causing any confusion with my current condition and colour status of my car at the time. Been chasing it up for around a month. Talk about time consuming 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, M.Seidam said:

Thank you @Benjamin for the clear and fantastic info.

once the RTA tasjeel personel asked about the black star ( sticker ) on both sides of my Xterra and i told him that its mentioned in the Mulkia color black and white and there is no spesification for stickers as when i bought the car it was registered as such and Transfer registration was done as such from the first place and he accepted. and yes if the stripes fade away or in my case i had to re place it due to a car body work last year.

@M.Seidam thanks! Yeah I had some worries too with the black on my car, I heard nightmare stories of jeeps failing without stickers because of the black rooftops that come OEM from the factory as the black isn’t stated on the Mulkia. Hopefully stickers will stay in good condition for a good amount of time 

• Like (+1) 2