•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Al Ain Airport Adventures - Abu Dhabi - 23 Sep 2023

Frederic

DRIVE PLAN

A fast-paced rollercoaster drive in the famous bowls and dunes nearby the Al-Ain Airport!

OIP.jpg.aeab85c158f19068784645615a5aecd0.jpg

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS
•    Level:  Fewbie Plus and above
•    When: 23 September 2023, Saturday
•    Meeting time:  6:00 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)
•    Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/239aP3kXehby4qEDA

•    Approximate finish time: 9:30AM

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

•    This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday
•    If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
•    RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
•    Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
•    Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
•    Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
•    Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Al Ain Airport Adventures - Abu Dhabi - 23 Sep 2023

Good morning Team !

image.png.9099d39f3f420d9461449f991f2e5576.png

@Mehmet Volga@Ishak@Mohit Gurnani@Gertjan@Anoop Nair@Gary F@Mus_hus78@Jona

Petrol stations from Dubai-Al Ain Road:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/K3c9Jf2wHLUViw7s7

Petrol station if you are coming from AD side:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/u9ptC1TTjzvsoN7A6

Some remarks about the terrain:

* This area is providing a buffet of bowls and nice large dunes and ridges. We will be making endless loops and climbs, which will be a challenge for any passenger. So please refrain from bringing passengers on this drive as there would be guaranteed motion sickness.

We will use CH4 - 446.081 Mhz as radio channel. Please be on time (deflated and ready to go by 6AM) so we can have our fill and enjoy the few hours of cool weather.

See you all tomorrow morning !

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

I’m gonna need to pull out of this drive, @Frederic  been sick since returning from UK earlier this week.

was holding off for this to clear but looking like a another few days of uk flu.

have a great drive sound like an interesting area

Edited by Gary F
  • Sad (0) 2

All the best @Jona and @Gary F.

See you soon on another drive.

• Thanks (+1) 1

A big thanks for @Frederic and team Carinity for taking us into these awsome dunes!

I enjoyed the morning out with @Mehmet Volga, @Ishak and @Mohit Gurnani.

It was indeed a lesson that the dunes need to be treated with the utmost respect. I trust that all will work out well.

A few pics in the gallery to enjoy!

See you all soon on the sand again!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

As mentioned in the early morning briefing, terrain was going to be challenging and soon enough we were riding inside the massive bowls climbing to our hearts delight. We had a good run, but unfortunately had an incident along the way. The most important thing is you both were unharmed.

The unfortunate incident showed the fantastic teamwork, and all of you worked very hard to get the Pajero back into a condition so we could drive it out of the desert. @Mehmet Volgayou are a true warrior and kept calm throughout the ordeal and surely we will be meeting again on the sands soon enough. My sincere thanks to the entire team for the efforts to get the car out.

Purely from a technical driving perspective, i wanted to give some pointers and feedback on the drive itself on how i experienced it:

@Gertjanyour communication was spot on, and the lines you took were very very smooth. Fantastic driving.

@Mohit Gurnani I've seen you driving the last couple of weeks and I've been very impressed. The only minor thing i noticed is the speed you carry sometimes, which is in some places excessive and that also means that you need quick corrections to get the car under control. This is a minor remark and overall I've been super impressed with how far you came now. Just try to be mindful of the speed. The trick is to just create enough momentum and speed that's necessary without having to decelerate or brake. I am sure you'll master that very soon.

@Ishakas we spoke on the drive, i was very worried about you yesterday, as i saw your Pajero fishtailing and fighting gravity in many areas. Hence i asked you to check in which gear you were driving (we have seen 4HLC can sometimes help in getting a better power ratio vs the regular 4H). I would not advise you to keep driving in 4L otherwise your transmission will be giving up very soon. The Pajero is a heavy car and you will need to learn to find clean lines with good momentum while now you were forcing your way onto most of the dunes and ridges, which not just looks scary, but you have seen yesterday how the desert can be unforgiving. I highly recommend you to join 5-10 Fewbie level drives and adjust your way of off-roading before doing higher level drives. I was seriously concerned about your safety yesterday and hope you understand.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

First of all @Mehmet Volgaglad you and your friend made it safely- looking forward to seeing you in the desert soon!

@Fredericthanks for the guidance on this, and I fully agree, I do carry that tendency - certainly will keep this in mind for coming drives to iron this out

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use