•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 28 Oct 2023

Vanessa8580

Thanks you for leading us through a nice and interesting Newbie drive @Vanessa8580....and that too without any stucks or major refusals.. Being my debut "official" support drive , i could get away without any shovel time/rope time/jack time etc :D  thanks to the route chosen, the compact sand due to recent rains and off course, exceptional driving by the whole convoy, especially the newbies  !!!

Driving at the centre, i could see everyone doing a great job, handling their cars starting with

@Nathan doing great at 2L , giving timely terrain warnings to everyone👍

@Mahmut SARILI - looks like your offroad experience in Oman is evident and you were not having any issue following the convoy 👍..please get a radio for the next drive, which is really important

@Robkalso had an uneventful drive with his gladiator 👍

followed by @Abdulla Alkhemeiri in his Tundra handling it very well in most places, with occasional minor fishtailing on some of those side slopes, which should be easily ironed out with more practise 👍

Two drivers , i could see very clearly were 

@Osama M in his QX80  - you handled the car beautifully today and had good control on straight crossings. One concern, as we discussed is very low clearance between your rear wheel and wheel arch. I initially thought you were carrying some kind of heavy overlanding gear, but turns out its the hydraulic suspension. It leaves very little suspension travel , and for higher level drives it is a cause of concern, especially when driving through cross tracks, i am sure you will hit your bump stops continuously . You might want to give it a thought when you sign up for higher level/faster drives. 👍

@Mostafa Nasef did great for most part of the drive, but needs a bit of polishing in your straight crossing skills. As we discussed, you let go of the gas too soon and tend to end up right on the top of the dune crest , almost bellied. I can see its only your 4th drive, and perfectly understandable. That feeling when you climb up and see only the sky  when you reach the top :D  -  we have all gone through it, so take your time, drive more, get accustomed to it and find the right amount of gas just to get you through it and not fly off or end up crested. 👍

@lucas amat driving right behind me , had me amazed for most part of the drive, having absolutely no problem in driving through those churned, caked sand with his Jeep liberty. At many places, i really expected a refusal announcement from you :-) . Dont forget to get your flag sorted before the next drive

Everyone behind Lucas - i could not see much of you but being the fewbie lot in a newbie drive, you were driving at the tail end  on all the churned sand , and having a couple of refusals is part of the game.

Good to meet you all - @Mahesh_ @Martin M @Jeevan Koshy @SamBha - came in a little late and exited early due to his fuel guage issue(hope it gets sorted soon) , @Faraz94 -  at the risk of sounding cliched - you've got a really interesting/unusual car bro !! :D  @Ben Williams

closing the convoy was our truck marshal - @Islam Soliman - good to see you back after a while, and looks like your car is up for the game now...i am sure our fewbies and newbies learnt a thing or too from all your guidances and instructions!!

See you all soon in our next sand visit !! A few photos in the gallery  https://carnity.com/gallery/category/1866-newbie-lisaili-dubai-28-oct-2023/

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you @Vanessa8580 @Sunil Mathew @Islam Solimanfor the enjoyable drive and tips/guidance along the way. @Sunil Mathew great feedback you have provided post drive, very happy to see such professionalism and team spirit. I look forward to the next drive. Have a great week everyone.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Sunil Mathew thanks for nice  feedback, I really enjoyed ride following @Vanessa8580and

@nathen@Nathan. It was great experience and looking forward for next ride. 

Important Information

Terms of use