•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Nahil / Sweihan - Chase the Waypoints - Abu Dhabi - 12 Nov 2023

Ale Vallecchi

12 hours ago, Salim Akhtar said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi i wud like to cover old lady dune area and is not very far from Nagra

IMG_3582.jpeg

Hi @Salim Akhtar. The third waypoint has been added. The drive is taking it's shape. Three more to go. 

Screenshot_20231109-090255_MyTrails.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

Brilliant idea @Ale Vallecchi for this well thought and creative approach to chase the waypoints chosen by the participants.

I've never seen or heard something like this before.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 11/6/2023 at 4:51 PM, Ale Vallecchi said:

The drive will be built as a "compilation" of waypoints, one chosen by each driver, which the lead will try to connect with the smoothest, most effective, and fastest route possible. You will be provided with a picture of the map of the general area that we plan to visit, and our starting point (see above). After studying it on any mapping application at your disposal (Gaia, My Trails or even Google Maps), you should submit your chosen waypoint (a special dune, a sabkha, a farm, a group of trees), that you'd like to explore. The selected waypoints will be posted on Friday, and the plan will unravel from there, connecting the dots.

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi for this interesting drive plan. I would like to choose 24.31981, 55.45854 (24°19'11.3"N 55°27'30.7"E), area that if I remember correctly, has a nice landscape view and some long and playable dunes.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Jona said:

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi for this interesting drive plan. I would like to choose 24.31981, 55.45854 (24°19'11.3"N 55°27'30.7"E), area that if I remember correctly, has a nice landscape view and some long and playable dunes.

Dear @Jona. Thanks for the selection. Marked as below. 

Screenshot_20231109-191129_MyTrails.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

Good morning to @Beide Worku and @Tareq Al Turq. A gentle reminder that today would be deadline to select your waypoint of choice. Please let me know if you need more time. Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Tareq Al Turq said:

Hello @Ale Vallecchi, thank you for giving us the opportunity to choose our checkpoint, I would like to propose the location of 

24°21'05.4"N 55°32'28.8"E as per the pic 

139900171_Screenshot2023-11-10104333.png

Thank you @Tareq Al Turq for choosing a technical area. Posted as below.

Screenshot_20231110-105808_MyTrails.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, my flight to Dubai just got delayed. Will be landing tomorrow afternoon. Don’t think i can make it to the drive on Sunday now. Regret the inconvenience and hope you guys have a great drive

• Sad (0) 2

Good morning. Only @Beide Worku has not yet chosen a waypoint. I will prepare a driving plan and convoy order as soon as it'll become available. Will post later this morning. Thanks 

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Desertnauts,

while waiting for the last waypoint, here's the convoy's order:

@Salim Akhtar in Second Lead

@Tareq Al Turq at #3

@Jona at #4

@Beide Worku at #5 and

@Imteeaz in Sweep.

The drive is straightforward in principle. Given the planned waypoints, so far, we'll drive as quickly as possible the rather long distance between the entry and the first marked point. From there, we'll snake around to reach and circle the other ones. Looking around for other potentially interesting places to see.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow morning. 

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use