Advertise here

Super Safari Interior comfort accessories

9 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Super Safari has CAN BUS ? 
all this time I thought my car to be ancient, with the three switches (always on / off / on via door) would be done via simple wiring. 

I was told that the TB48DE has a Nissan CANBUS which is how the MaxxECU programming can be done for certain components.

But you’re the expert here so I may have been fed garbage too 😂

• Like (+1) 1

Oh yes there will be definitely canbus or Nissan proprietary bus system for the ECU communication around engine and dash. For the roof liner trim lights they usually hardwire this to keep things simple. But on more recent cars nowadays it’s bus systems all over the place. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

30 minutes ago, munkybizness said:

@Bravoecho, @SamyB - you need to get 2x Front Dome/Map lights, 1x Rear Dome/Map light (Second row), and 1x Trunk Dome/Map light (third row).

Look for CANbus/Canbus-compatible LED lights. You can choose them in White (6500K) or warm white (3000K) color temperatures. They are easily available in car mod shops (Deira) or Dragon Mart.

Canbus compatibility is key as most dome lights have three settings - Always on, Always off, On-when-door is open. For the switch lever to activate the light in these three modes, the light must be compatible to take the signal message from the CAN bus.

As @Gaurav has suggested, popping off the dome of the in-ceiling lights is quite pain-free. For best results, I recommend always keeping a plastic/rubber scraper or pick so you don't accidentally damage internal parts or your roof lining with scratches and/or color transfer from the tool.

Bonus points for someone to tell me how to wire the centre dome light (for short wheel base) with the front two dome lights so that when I open the door they all come on together.

Its my biggest gripe (I don’t have many 😁) with the SWB Y61 is that when you open either the drivers or passengers door that only the centre dome light comes on which means the front is very dark.

Also need to fit a light to the rear as well as when I open up the rear doors there is no light meaning it’s like playing Marco Polo without a torch when trying to find stuff

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

3 hours ago, Bravoecho said:

Hi @Gary F all well thanks mate and  will actually be back in the sand on Friday with @Stumpy and his new toy.

Been busy getting the car back on the road and putting the toys back on.

After reviewing hours of footage I have come to the conclusion that the cause was the writing was on the wrong side 😜IMG_2833.jpeg.3b9c2325c1c55cbbf663d56ce5bf6471.jpeg

Great to hear you’ll be back in the sand this weekend . Don’t forget never leave the keys in the car 😂. And the writing does really make the tires pop. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

Super Safari has CAN BUS ? 
all this time I thought my car to be ancient, with the three switches (always on / off / on via door) would be done via simple wiring. 

I don't know that, but long ago one of my friends installed a simple LED bulb in his car and brought the same 5-10 dhs LED bulb and showed me how to replace it, it was super easy and quick to make a big diff.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Bravoecho said:

Bonus points for someone to tell me how to wire the centre dome light (for short wheel base) with the front two dome lights so that when I open the door they all come on together.

Its my biggest gripe (I don’t have many 😁) with the SWB Y61 is that when you open either the drivers or passengers door that only the centre dome light comes on which means the front is very dark.

Also need to fit a light to the rear as well as when I open up the rear doors there is no light meaning it’s like playing Marco Polo without a torch when trying to find stuff

I got a rechargeable LED under cabinet strip pretty cheap off Amazon and put a Velcro patch on it and one to the rear top lining. It’s motion activated, and I get plenty of light in the rear end. It’s especially useful when I camp and sleep inside the cabin too. 

IMG_0279.jpeg.6a24d7b95d0e172221089c55ee628561.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Now you solving my other problem of the engine bay light to seeing red and black terminals at night

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I have been looking online for a place to buy these LEDs, but I can't find them. Does anyone have an Amazon link? I went to a couple of shops, they had some but I was not convinced on the quality. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/7/2024 at 5:32 PM, SamyB said:

I have been looking online for a place to buy these LEDs, but I can't find them. Does anyone have an Amazon link? I went to a couple of shops, they had some but I was not convinced on the quality. 

You're not going to get "great quality" anywhere here. The majority of the components whether you get it from the shops, Dragon Mart, or AliExpress will all be of similar quality standards. But I wouldn't think this hard about it. They are simple lights. 

If you are willing to pay top dollar for great quality, I would recommend looking at specialty Australian auxiliary light makers. I know Stedi and Lightforce stock premium LED "festoon" lights with advanced heatsinks and great build quality because they have a sizeable market of "GU" Y61 Nissan Patrols there. But you're going to be shelling out a serious amount of dough (+ shipping) for lights that have a very short operation cycle.

My dome lights are rarely on for longer than 15 mins unless I'm trapped in an argument with my partner in the car 😛 

• Haha (+1) 2