•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive -Ramadan Series- 2 hours- Lisalli - Dubai - 16 Mar 2024

DP1011

@DP1011 thanks for leading us on a fantastic drive. Especially with all the ridge riding lessons! I really leaned a lot and conquered some fears. 

Ramadan Kareem 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Andrew John Melvill said:

@DP1011 thanks for leading us on a fantastic drive. Especially with all the ridge riding lessons! I really leaned a lot and conquered some fears. 

Ramadan Kareem 

My 1st fewbie drive and ridge was fun. Got slight shivers though 😅

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

nice short smooth drive @DP1011... the 2 hours duration was the USP of the drive for me :D ....you succeeded in making the most of those 2 hours , taking us through lot of fewbie level challenges in terms of climbs, drops and ridge rides.... good to meet @Rohit Deginal @JohanE and @JERINE_B for the first time and drive again with @Faraz94 @Andrew John Melvill @Premjit Vappala @Mohammad Sayawoush Azad - thanks for the insta tips, and @Rk ram...

Looking at comments above, i believe everyone got a real feel of how your cars behave on top of churned ridges and in the process learned to keep right momentum and not zipping through ,giving correct steering inputs according to the ridge lines, adjusting your car "sway", holding your car steady and square on the broad ridges...etc...keep practising and as you progress, the dunes get taller,  ridges get sharper and are very rarely flat  - you either go up or come down  :D ...so tune your minds !!!

Everyone drove really well leaving myself and @Rajiv Sam very little to deal with , 👌👌👍👍👏

see you all , probably on the next Ramadan series from @DP1011 🙃

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

33 minutes ago, JERINE_B said:

thanks @DP1011 for the short & sweet drive..

it was good learning  & fun drive too..

special regards to @Rajiv Sam@Sunil Mathew for the support & help🫡

Where is the Flag hunt party?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Drive Report : Convoy  1: 

It was a slightly warmer day compared to other weekends in last few months - and by 7.15 we had all 21 members of the convoy, most of them already deflated and ready for briefing. We gathered had a nice short meet and greet chat and some of members expressing how the drive duration influenced their decision of joining their drive. 

Quickly after a joint briefing, where it was highlighted the drive duration will be aimed to be 2 hours, hence we wont take break unless requested , both convoy's were on the move at 7.38 and the plan was - Either to exit back to entry point or Murquab or Qudra - all leaving to what convoy movements offer. It was a different terrain as @Sunil Mathew highlighted - Thanks to Rain, some tricky ridge formations.  We had initial easy warm up movements, with the convoy slowly picking up the pace, and levelling up on the track that was taken and towards the end, handling those ridges and short technical patch just before exit to the track leading all the way upto camel track. 

@Faraz94 Well done as a Second lead and your show with Haval power ! 

Overall a great show where we had 2 first time FBs - @Rohit Deginal & @Premjit Vappala - I am sure you had your take aways on those few refusals and am happy with the way you dealt with those with inputs from Support team. Well done.

@Andrew John Melvill & @JohanE -  Impressive the way you guys were moving all through ! Been first time with you guys as well and great to connect !  Thanks to  @Rajiv Sam who was anchoring the convoy in centre, and handling those couple of refusals  . 

With another 30 minutes of drive time on hand, we realised @JERINE_B's Flag was missing and thanks to the guys with camera on video recording, I was informed it was 7 minutes ago the flag was lost , so I and @Rajiv Sam back tracked with rest of convoy on stand-by which was the only break taken. It was successful back track and we quickly got back and convoy was on the move with another attempt of the best ridge that we were offered today. 

@Mohammad Sayawoush Azad, @Rk ram - I dint hear anything from you and that was deftly a confirmation you were having your share of fun at the back ! 

Thanks @Sunil Mathew for keeping an eye on the convoy while dealing with those 1-2 refusals at the back ! 

Please see below the drive stats - which I personally feel is very impressive and we managed to make the most of it, despite having to use Rope 3 times - I Would like to highlight again which I mentioned during one of rope recoveries - Ideally the best way to handle those 3 rope recoveries would have been shovel, It was only in the interest of time, we resorted to Rope. !  Overall a great drive for me, I hope for everyone else too, with our exit at Camel track by 9.35am. 

See you all again soon in sand ! 

Drive time : 2 hours , Moving time 1.56 hours - I guess rope recoveries are part of moving time :D

image.png.4738f58b1e0cf7fe6561b8a99d6f9ee8.png

image.png.c28c21a7c12c42715263d80ea6fe7da9.png

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Thank You @DP1011 for offering such a wonderful drive. It was quick and smooth & I enjoyed both being a second lead as well as the smart duration of the drive. Also, everybody drove really well. 

Thank You @Rajiv Sam for help with the recoveries 😊 I’m looking forward to the Ridge riding video you recorded 😁

@Premjit Vappala & @Rohit Deginal very well done with the first FB drive guys, hope to see you soon again!

@DP1011 I believe we should continue this Smart Drive (2-Hour) series even after Ramadan. 🔥🔥

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 3/16/2024 at 11:25 PM, DP1011 said:

Where is the Flag hunt party?

@JERINE_B  - :D ...an interesting video for you perhaps ..... and also marking my entry into the  #insta360 world 

Edited by Sunil Mathew
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use