•  

Night Fewbie Desert Drive - Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 22nd Mar 2024

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

Welcome to Carnity off road club Fewbie drive, meeting at Fayah meeting point of the beautiful Abu Dhabi Desert, please ensure your off-road gear is as per your rank and you bring lots of enthusiasm with you This is anticipated to be a shorter than usual drive of Approx 3 Hrs.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above

Meeting time: 20:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/acreM77zLxB2MRu76

If you approach the gate it will open automatically.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

Approximate finish time: 23:00 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 1 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

On 3/17/2024 at 1:52 PM, Davie Chase said:

Meeting Point:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/acreM77zLxB2MRu76

If you approach the gate it will open automatically.

And I used to keep saying Abraca Dabra at the gate for it to open. 😂

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Srikumar said:

And I used to keep saying Abraca Dabra at the gate for it to open. 😂

I did try that Sri but found driving up to it worked better :):)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Dear desert Wanderers @Mark B, @Aser, @Hani Howeedy, @munkybizness, @Nizar Shawwa, @Gary F, @Amr A and @Srikumar, please see below convoy order for tonight's drive, we will be using Ch4 446.081, feel free to use either Abracadabra or to drive up to the gate for it to open magically :)

see you all this evening refreshed and ready for a night of fun in the sand :)

image.png.144bc31701cc275ad9938d14ea0ae5c8.png

• Like (+1) 3

Dear desert Wanderers @Mark B, @Aser, @Hani Howeedy, @munkybizness, @Nizar Shawwa, @Gary F, @Amr A and @Srikumar, thank you for all being on time yesterday and for the amazing drive and company.

@Hani Howeedy sorry you had to leave us early, hope all is good with you guys, maybe try a newbie night drive first to get used to driving at night.

@Mark B great second lead mate, always a pleasure to have you behind me smoothing out the track.

@munkybizness great support in the middle holding everything together always good knowing you are in support.

@Srikumar pleasure as always having you relaxing at the back :) seriously though great to know you are back there allows the lead piece of mind to concentrate on what's going on in front.

The rest of the team drove extremely well, even when we picked up the pace in the mid to end sections. i hope you all enjoyed the drive as much as I did and look forward to seeing you all again very soon in the sand :)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Great drive @Davie Chase always great to drive with you! really enjoyed it, super smooth drive.  everybody drove really well! I Expected a lot more action given it was pretty soft compared to the previous week, but the whole convoy was driving like pros! Loved it 

look forward to driving with Everyone again soon 

Edited by Mark B
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

There’s so much to enjoy in a night drive that I almost always sign up for them. The serenity of the desert calm, making out the light silhouettes sandwiched against the horizon and a tunnel vision that brings even more focus when in the seat. It’s easy to take in all of this and enjoy it to the core, when you’re following behind good leads. For that, and the overall experience, thank you @Davie Chase 

Baring the early exit, all of the breaks were perfectly timed and gave enough time to take it all in. In between you chose both the technical and the flow. And it was evident in the very minor re-loops.

Thank you for a great night out, and always a pleasure to be among familiar faces and new.

[ 🐵 ]

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use