•  

Iftar/ Garangao Drive - Faqa - Dubai - 24 Mar 2024

Garangao Drive
Common across the GCC, Garangao has been celebrated in the region for decades. Although known as Garangao in Qatar and Bahrain, it’s also referred to as Haq al Laylah (Due of Night) or Haq Allah (God’s Due) in the UAE, Al Garangashooh or Al Tolbah (The Request) in Oman, and Laylat Garga’an in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.
It is held on the night of mid-Ramadan where children come out in groups and are delighted to visit the houses where adults are waiting to receive them with sweets, coins or paper money and nuts and contribute to put a smile on the faces of children.

We propose to get to get together by the end of the afternoon, go into the desert with a very short drive (15 min max) to find a nice spot, watch sunset, take our time for Iftar (approx 1h 30m) and watch the moon rise, and then continue with an easy drive (approx 1h 30m) with the light of the full moon.

The drive is open to Newbies with minimum 1 drive and all the above levels. Families are welcomed, children also, as long as they have proper seat and seat belts for their age.

image.png.63b146e49b17e7eb3b572c16046c5c78.png

Donation
I know you have a lot of solicitations at this time of the year, but if you want to take this opportunity to donate in favor of People affected by War in Gaza, you can do it here with Emirates Red Crescent Tarahum — For Gaza  https://www.emiratesrc.ae/gaza/Default_en.aspx

We request every member who joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie with minimum 1 drive and above (all levels)

When:  24 March 2024, Sunday

Meeting time: 5:20 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/26LiMnfDyBXW2FXZ6

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:30 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• This drive is limited to 15 cars only. RSVP will close on Saturday - 6 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Newbie Iftar/ Garangao Drive - Faqa - Dubai - 24 Mar 2024
  • JeromeFJ changed the title to Iftar/ Garangao Drive - Faqa - Dubai - 24 Mar 2024

A bit of timing information for Sunday evening. We have a perfect configuration with

• Sunset 6:31 pm
  • Moonrise 5:54 pm - Moon Illumination 99.8%

I know the weather forecast is not that good, but let's hope for a clear sky for the beginning of the evening ! If so we will be able to watch the moon rising over the horizon and remaining illuminated as the sun disappears and the sky becomes darker. All this happening during our Iftar !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

A few tips for tomorrow evening:

The meeting point is on Abu Dhabi side. The last portion of road between Faqa and the meeting point (Al Faqa Rd E14) is in AD, and the 100 km/h limit …. means 100 km/h. 
Reaching the meeting point, you will see a gate. Reach slowly by the gate, and it will open by itself.

After this gate, for the last 200m, if you see camels around, drive very slowly.

I will leave the meeting point no later than 5:40 pm to ensure we can reach the Iftar point and get ready with no rush. If you reach after this time give, call me at 05 88 62 09 42, I will come and get you.

see you all tomorrow !

• Thanks (+1) 3

@RiadJL @EbrahimZAF @Ahmed Farouk @Nicolò @Ishak @Wilfredo Perez @Gaurav

Thank you for signing up for the Garangao Iftar and Drive.

We will set the convoy order at the meeting point.

We will use Carnity Radio Channel 4.

The event is still open and late joiners are welcomed. Just read the posts above and let me know.

See you later this evening !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@RiadJL @EbrahimZAF @Ahmed Farouk @Nicolò @Ishak @Wilfredo Perez @Gaurav

Thank you for joining yesterday evening.

We had a beautiful desert time enjoying the warm breeze at Iftar time, watching the moon playing with the clouds and kids playing in the dunes, and the short drive afterwards was a great way to continue the night.

Perfect way to close the weekend!

• Like (+1) 5

A great evening out 😃

Nice Iftar in the dunes with amazing views and great company. The drive out was well paced and challenging in spots making a great experience for drivers and passengers alike

Thanks @JeromeFJ for leading and @Ishak & @Gaurav for watching our backs. Good to drive with you again @EbrahimZAF & @Wilfredo Perez. Nice meeting you @Nicolò & @Ahmed Farouk 

See you all again on the sand! 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Always a pleasure driving with you @RiadJL and @Wilfredo Perez 

a wonderful Iftaar and drive indeed. 

nice to meet you @Ishak, @ahmedfarouk (not sure why your names not picking up) and @Nicolò

@JeromeFJ a wonderful plan and excellent lead as always, really enjoyed the drive and meeting JeromeJnr (Eliott) !

@Gaurav Bhai, appreciate the support, assistance and positive words always ! (Thanks for the Chair as well) :-)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks @JeromeFJ for hosting the Iftar gathering and followed by an amazing night drive.

I joined the night drive after a long gap and thoroughly enjoyed the sweep where I could enjoy seeing the light of all cars buzzing through the dune.

Your binoculars were amazing to show the moon with such great details. Now I also need one.

Everyone drove fantastically even at a few places where level was just above Newbie for certain tricky crossings or climbs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use