Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Hayer South - Abu-Dhabi - 19 May 2024

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

A well-paced drive through a pristine area, not often visited by off-roaders.

IMG_20231007_081649.jpg.b433dd1b730ec29ca957a2d40a9e3c76.jpg

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above

When: 19 May 2024 Sunday

Meeting time: 06:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions).

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/KntWP8WGyszciyzPA

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on SATURDAY - 12 PM
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

·        

RSVP IN CALENDAR BELOW

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Dear @JanS and @Talal H as this is a Fewbie level drive, and you are both still Newbie, I will need to remove you from the RSVP. Kindly sign up for a newbie level drive instead. Thanks.

2 hours ago, JanS said:

I see. I did a fewbie drive last month (having done a number of desert drives outside the club) so I thought it was ok to sign up. But noted. @Frederic

Hi @JanS below some info on our grading and levels;

After completing a Newbie drive, you can request a fast-tracked promotion to Fewbie level if you can document your previous drives and experiences from another club (number of drives and which level). 

• Like (+1) 1

image.png.742a0bb57ae02ac85beccc6d0f7b8183.pngGood afternoon guys !

@Richard Franks@Martin M@Zak_@Andrew John Melvill@lucas amat@DP1011@Ben Lee@Sandeep Nayar@Prithvi Raj@Vijay Cowlagi@Nizar Shawwa@Zubair@Ahmed Farouk@Hani Howeedy@Islam Soliman

With the hotter weather, it will be crucial to arrive on time so we can move on time. Please ensure to arrive by 06AM latest.  This means it's advisable to arrive by 5:45 so you have time to deflate, greet the other team members, and get your flag up. 

It's a larger convoy for a typical Fewbie drive, so my aim will be to try and cover some good ground. With the expert support and help of @Islam Solimanand @DP1011 i am sure we will be having a great morning out.

We will use Channel 2: 446.031 Mhz.

See you all in the morning ! PS if you are coming from Dubai on the E66, you might witness the amazing sunrise on the left hand side from behind the Oman mountains !

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

5 hours ago, Abhilash Kottakkal said:

@FredericI was really hoping to join. But somehow my personal account is wiped out...left me penniless.. I was In  Germany for  business trip but never thought this happening to me....

I’m sorry to hear that @Abhilash Kottakkal. You are definitely not the first one to encounter this. Myself and a few colleagues encountered the same thing a couple of years back. It took the bank 6 months to reinstate the money on the account. Even the bank had no clue as how it could happen. According to them the wireless tapping could have been the issue. 

• Confused (0) 1

Important Information

Terms of use