Gaurav

Sunrise at Big Red (Bidayer) - 15 Sep 2017

don't worry at the deflation point there is always a radio check performed..just don't forget the code word for confirming the radio is quack quack 

Edited by shadow79
typo

Actually selecting the channel is not a problem by to program the channels  it takes a lot of time since I will need to remember the steps. I don,t think it will be an issue as I have programmed most landline ones but just in case you ahev some specific range let me know

LOL about "QuackQuack".

Oooh this is sooo tempting but I am blind as a bat 😂😂that's why I avoid driving in dark 😅

4 minutes ago, Mohd86 said:

Oooh this is sooo tempting but I am blind as a bat 😂😂that's why I avoid driving in dark 😅

Ohh, common buddy, we aren't driving in dark AT ALL (as explained above).

14 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Ohh, common buddy, we aren't driving in dark AT ALL (as explained above).

Hehe I go to work everyday at 5:30 I know how blind I am 😂

You see those two red park light ahead of you just follow them but don't tailgate

Its that time when I recall the drive and try to live it again with my words. The drives so far have been so exciting that I do not need to think and type, this week was no different... Here goes...

So I misunderstood the meeting point, but more or less I reached on time, thanks to @Gaurav bhai who did not sleep to wake me up on time. My alarm did not work as well as a call from a brother who loves and cares so much about me. Once at the deflation point, besides the usual suspects we had a smiling and enthusiastic personality with us in @Atif bhai and his faithful Prado. After deflation and a briefing from Gaurav Bhai we started our ride  Heading to Big Red, @Gaurav bhai was the first one to reach the top, @Asif Hussain was the next to try and could not reach the top from the front face. Next was @Atif bhai who made it to the top, I was surprised later when I saw he reached the top with his traction control still on. @skumar83 was also on top along with @baselsm83 , leaving me with the same fate as Asif Bhai. As usual I took the cheat route with Asif Bhai to reach the top after a couple of difficult crossings. This is where I realized that Atif bhai's traction was on and turning it off gave him a better feel for the rest of the drive.

Every one drove well and @Gaurav bhai chose the best possible terrain with @Atif bhai as it was his first time with us. A couple of refusals from @Atif bhai but remarkably he was able to get himself out of the sticky situations every time. At one particular situation he was able to slowly and with a lot of patience and an absolutely sound technique crawled himself out of some very long soft patch. As we headed from Big Red to Pink Rocks we had an amazing time. Upon reaching the top behind Pink Rocks we opened our coolers for some cold drinks and the croissants I got went along so well with the cutlets Asif bhai got.. Time for a surprise and a twist, Gaurav bhai wanted me to take lead and I just wanted a little more excitement due to last week Faqa drive. So after crossing Pink Rocks I saw some huge awesome dunes and somehow got pulled towards them.

Once on top of one I found some virgin dunes and before I knew it we were slipping, sliding and making our way trough those awesome set of dunes. At this point Gaurav Bhai pointed out that we were heading back to the Big Red. I slightly adjusted my route as I wanted to depart at Tawi Nizwa. After a good 45 minutes where we had even forgotten how hot it was getting we could see Tawi Nizwa shops in front of our eyes, to our surprise though we were going to be faced with the first real challenge for the day. There was now a fence and a road running through where we never expected the same. As we tried to find a break in the fence, Asif Bhai was teh one to find it, we headed in the direction of the main road which was blocked, so we turned around and drove for about 7 kilometers before we headed left to connect with the road heading to the Tawi Nizwa shops.

An inflation with a nice chat meant it was time to say Good Bye until next time. Thanks to @Atif bhai for sponsoring the inflation. over all an exciting day out with the best possible people, good food and great company. Thank you to all participants for the amazing time, loved every minute. Check the Gallery for my pics from the drive to get a better feel.

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By skumar83
      Route from Al Shuwaib to Iftar Bowl via Super Bowl - Intermediate Level Track - Minimum 3 capable 4x4 vehicles 

Shuwaib Iftar bowl.gpx
    • By Gaurav
      Let's have an absolute newbie drive. All first timer absolute newbie will be given a proper introduction of sand off-roading before they start from seasoned offroaders having over decades of UAE offroad experience. Idea is to make the newbie (first timer) comfortable with sand off-roading and in some of the most approachable set of sand dunes in Tawi Nizwa side. It's a perfect drive for people aspiring to start dune bashing or offroading in the sand as a new hobby. And wish to explore the UAE offroad natural beauty and unleash the hidden power of your 4x4 vehicle.
      All experienced members are requested to join in helping newbies by imparting their off-road expertise.
      When: 12 Oct 2018
      Meeting time: 1:45 PM, a convoy will move sharply at 2:00 PM
      Where: Tawi Nizwa shops GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/KKBUhkQ2y382
      Level of a drive: All are welcome
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance
      Plan: Easy drive from Tawi Nazwa to Pink rock and relax with snacks, bbq, drinks, and chat.
      What to bring along: Loads of snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time: 7 PM

Please RSVP the below calendar:

• By Car News
      If you are a frequent road traveler who travels out of the UAE to other GCC countries, then this article is specifically for you. The Sharjah Police have issued a warning for the drivers stating that they should avoid overloading their vehicles when crossing the UAE border.
      Talking to Khaleej Times, Lt Saud Al Shaiba, director of the awareness section of traffic and patrol department at the Sharjah Police, mentioned that overloading is a serious offense and any resident found breaking this law can get a fine of up to Dh2,000 as well as six black points.
      Speaking more about the issue, Lt Saud Al Shaiba stated that there have been several accidents in the past due to overloading of baggage, faulty tires and overspeeding. He further emphasized that the land travelers should be well aware of the rules and regulations of the neighboring country they are visiting to avoid getting into an accident or receiving fines.
      Moreover, he mentioned the car tint rules in other countries as well as the consequences of exceeding the speed limit.
      The Traffic and Patrol Department recently launched a campaign through which they spread awareness about safety rules by distributing leaflets and also carried out an inspection of the vehicles at different checkpoints.
      Share your opinion with us regarding this hefty penalty and tell us how the UAE residents can be educated more about traffic violations and road safety.
    • By Rahimdad
      Taking in to consideration a sizeable break from the desert I'm posting this drive in an area that would challenge the best of us.
      This area offers varied terrain for all types of adventure seeker from tall - medium - small (techy) dunes with enough area to play   
      When: 31 August 2018
      Meeting time: 4:00 PM, convoy will move at 4:15 PM
      Where: First Emarat Petrol Station after outlet mall on Dubai - Al Ain road
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/7pRg8Lb1N3s
      Level of drive: Fewbie - Expert - Advance - (absolute newbie and newbie as passengers only)
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
      Plan: Afternoon drive from Marquab to Lisali with an option to finish at the Qudra Lakes
      What to bring along: Evening snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, and enthusiasm.
      Approximate finish time: 7 PM - 8 PM

RSVP on below calendar

• By Rahimdad
      Taking in to consideration a sizeable break from the desert I'm posting this drive in an area that would challenge the best of us.
      This area offers varied terrain for all types of adventure seeker from tall - medium - small (techy) dunes with enough area to play   
      When: 31 August 2018
      Meeting time: 4:00 PM, convoy will move at 4:15 PM
      Where: First Emarat Petrol Station after outlet mall on Dubai - Al Ain road
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/7pRg8Lb1N3s
      Level of drive: Fewbie - Expert - Advance - (absolute newbie and newbie as passengers only)
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
      Plan: Afternoon drive from Marquab to Lisali with an option to finish at the Qudra Lakes
      What to bring along: Evening snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, and enthusiasm.
      Approximate finish time: 7 PM - 8 PM