•  
Advertise here

Which is the best car battery in UAE?

adil

Today morning my car took three attempt to start and I think battery is dying now. Do you guys have any recommendation for specific brand of car battery in UAE. I checked with few guys in my office and all of them mentioned different brands: AC Delco, Solite, Amaron, Trane, Incoe. 

• Like (+1) 1

I had a good experience with Solite as they marked (Made in Korea).

however my best experience with car battery was with Oman made and the brand was Bear and it was serviceable so I used to open the holes and add drinking water to level it every 6 months and it remained for 3 and half years and other service free batteries remained for 12 to 18 moths with Solite.

6 hours ago, Saleem said:

I had a good experience with Solite as they marked (Made in Korea).

however my best experience with car battery was with Oman made and the brand was Bear and it was serviceable so I used to open the holes and add drinking water to level it every 6 months and it remained for 3 and half years and other service free batteries remained for 12 to 18 moths with Solite.

Seriously drinking water or distilled water you meant?

• Like (+1) 1

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

41 minutes ago, amid said:

Seriously drinking water or distilled water you meant?

Yes pure drink water (Masafi, Arwa, Aquafina. Oasis) as it doesn't contain dissolved gases (CO, CO2 or CL) and less than 130 TDS PPM (total dissolved salts part per million)

as I do add it to coolant if I notice any short under minimum mark

the idea is about PH number of drinking water which almost the same for d-ionized water used as a base for coolants and battery acids.

whatever you love your car DON'T add sparkling water or oxinized water as high temperature would evaporate and cause problems in cooling system or inside your battery due to PH issue.

19 hours ago, Saleem said:

Yes pure drink water (Masafi, Arwa, Aquafina. Oasis) as it doesn't contain dissolved gases (CO, CO2 or CL) and less than 130 TDS PPM (total dissolved salts part per million)

as I do add it to coolant if I notice any short under minimum mark

the idea is about PH number of drinking water which almost the same for d-ionized water used as a base for coolants and battery acids.

whatever you love your car DON'T add sparkling water or oxinized water as high temperature would evaporate and cause problems in cooling system or inside your battery due to PH issue.

That's crazy enough, then why whole world sell and use distilled water for the battery and tells everyone to use it with gloves and goggle as touch to distilled water is dangerous......? Do you what the hell distilled water is....?

• WOW (+2) 1

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

I'm using drinking water just to compensate the shortage due to evaporation not replacing the battery content and I think if I did replace the acid on that battery it may remain for 1 year more but I didn't take the risk as my wife was driving that car with the kids daily!

16 hours ago, amid said:

That's crazy enough, then why whole world sell and use distilled water for the battery and tells everyone to use it with gloves and goggle as touch to distilled water is dangerous......? Do you what the hell distilled water is....?

Are you sure you don't mean battery acid? Which is a completely different thing to distilled water. Battery acid can give you a nasty rash and burn holes in your clothes if you don't wash it off. Distilled/deionised water on the other hand is perfectly safe to touch and drink if you wanted to. It's simply pure h2o, water with all solids/impurities removed by distillation. 

Tap or drinking water will work OK in a battery if you're stuck for the proper distilled stuff, but over time the dissolved solids will kill it slowly. 

2 hours ago, Barry said:

Are you sure you don't mean battery acid? Which is a completely different thing to distilled water. Battery acid can give you a nasty rash and burn holes in your clothes if you don't wash it off. Distilled/deionised water on the other hand is perfectly safe to touch and drink if you wanted to. It's simply pure h2o, water with all solids/impurities removed by distillation. 

Tap or drinking water will work OK in a battery if you're stuck for the proper distilled stuff, but over time the dissolved solids will kill it slowly. 

Hmm, that makes perfect sense and I am for some reason was confused and scared myself based on that confusion. Few years ago, I used to have Mercedes that came with battery which require maintenance by pouring distilled water in 6 holes and topping up every six months. I used to buy distilled water from emarat for 3 dhs and always use to make sure to keep the bottle upright in my boot, thinking it is hazardous. Waste a waste....lol.....Thanks for clarifying the difference in acid and water.

• Gaurav featured this topic