•  
Advertise here

What matters the most in your car?

Gaurav

As we all are car enthusiastic at broad but still we have a lot of differences, so really curious to know, what matters the most for you in your car?

This applies for all your past, present and future cars. Whether you like exterior the most and if the car is not meeting your taste you won't buy/drive, or is it some specific feature or creature comfort you are after. Here is my list of things that I prioritize while buying any car except my first car - when I was totally noobie to understand how a car works at the age of 19 years.

1. Performance - Speed, Agility, Driving pleasure is PRIME
  2. Reliability - Shouldn't break apart as soon as it runs out of warranty
  3. Interiors - Creature comfort, features, gizmos, safety aspects etc.
  4. Exteriors - If it's pretty or a head turner, works as an added advantage.

Feel free to jumble up the above list as per your taste or add more points if you like.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

40 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

As we all are car enthusiastic at broad but still we have a lot of differences, so really curious to know, what matters the most for you in your car?

This applies for all your past, present and future cars. Whether you like exterior the most and if the car is not meeting your taste you won't buy/drive, or is it some specific feature or creature comfort you are after. Here is my list of things that I prioritize while buying any car except my first car - when I was totally noobie to understand how a car works at the age of 19 years.

1. Performance - Speed, Agility, Driving pleasure is PRIME
  2. Reliability - Shouldn't break apart as soon as it runs out of warranty
  4. Exteriors - If it's pretty or a head turner, works as an added advantage.

Feel free to jumble up the above list as per your taste or add more points if you like.

For me it is peace of mind. Everything has to be perfect in my car. Little noise here and their within my car make me go crazy until i know the reason behind it. if i need to sum it up it will be as below. 

1. Reliability - Shouldn't break apart as soon as it runs out of warranty.

2.Resale Value - Sometime if a ghost of changing car comes to my mind out of nowhere- it has to be disposed of quickly.

4. Performance - Speed, Agility, Driving pleasure is PRIME.

5. Exteriors - If it's pretty or a head turner, works as an added advantage.

• Like (+1) 4

For me the first ride was a Honda Civic at 22 years and it was fully manual including gear and steering or Windows, nothing was powered so I just wanted to get a ride.

My second was a bit more thoughtful in a Mitsubishi Eclipse GSR4 Turbo tuned by AMG. It was about looks, being fast and some nice gadgets being a US version.

By my 3rd car I was already married with a kid, so it was about comfort, cheap maintenance and God resale value. This came in the shape of a Toyota Echo.

After I joined offroading all my logic went out of the window as long as I could drive it off road. Started with a 5.7 Hem V8 with lots of joy and regret. Downgraded to a V8 3.9 litre Discovery, loads of comfort. Lastly downgraded to a 3.3 litre V6, pretty satisfied, but no real logic applied, just what I could afford.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Performance for me. But some of the cars I build for customers are pure style, form over function. Totally unusable in every day situations.

In my old age, I love reliable cars. Just step into it and drive. But I still have that thing in me that wants to do burnouts and 10 second quarter miles. 

“I live my live a quarter mile at a time”

528595B9-79E9-44E7-9C46-F2E23559CDD2.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I thought long about this but couldn’t find a real logic to all the cars I’ve owned and driven. All had their own pros and cons. A few highlights:

* Smart Fortwo: was a fantastic little preppy car. Very little comfort but felt like driving a go kart. Sold when kids came along.

* Lancia Delta: wanted something that stood out of the regular hatchbacks and was not disappointed. 

* BMW 318TDs touring. Was slow but sooo damn reliable and everything was just in the right place. Drove it into the ground.

* Peugeot 205: was my first car and absolutely adored it. Overheated the breaks and it rained inside but this car was soo much fun.

i have the tendency to go out and look for a car A and coming home with a car Z ! Sometimes the moment just grabs me and I am overcome and star struck  by some cars. It’s like they choose me 🤪

Edited by Frederic
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

36 minutes ago, Frederic said:

I thought long about this but couldn’t find a real logic to all the cars I’ve owned and driven. All had their own pros and cons. A few highlights:

* Smart Fortwo: was a fantastic little preppy car. Very little comfort but felt like driving a go kart. Sold when kids came along.

* Lancia Delta: wanted something that stood out of the regular hatchbacks and was not disappointed. 

* BMW 318TDs touring. Was slow but sooo damn reliable and everything was just in the right place. Drove it into the ground.

* Peugeot 205: was my first car and absolutely adored it. Overheated the breaks and it rained inside but this car was soo much fun.

i have the tendency to go out and look for a car A and coming home with a car Z ! Sometimes the moment just grabs me and I am overcome and star struck  by some cars. It’s like they choose me 🤪

If you’re ever in Ireland I will show you my 205. I put in a 2.1 TD from a 406, injector pump from a BX with the governor removed, turbo from a v6 espace, huge injector nozzles, xantia gearbox. Scary thing to drive. Pushing 250 bhp in a 750kg car. If I ever go home I plan to put nitrous in it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Comfort, luxury and style and in that order. I really don't give a damn about the rest.  Having said that new ride, just got delivered today is a Nissan Sunny with only 65kms on the clock. Total opposite of comfort, luxury and style. But hey its a rental and a free car is a free car!

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1