•  
Advertise here

Strangest things you have seen on the road in UAE

Barry

What are the strangest things you have seen on the roads in UAE?

I recently saw a guy in a convertible Mercedes SL with a hookah burning away in the passenger seat. The driver was sucking away on the pipe, driving without a care in the world. Live for the moment bro?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

At least he is better than mobile glued driver, who keep slowing down slowly as they are busy texting or reading while driving.

Now if car in front of me slows down w/o brake light and I can see that there is nothing in front of that car, I change lane or give little beep to those sleepy head.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I have seen people Stopping car for meeting and greeting or may be gathering for chit chat on the last line of roundabout without any issues. This is common in Alain.

once we are on the last track,We are screwed. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, desertdude said:

I've seen two horses in the middle of the road in traffic trotting away as if they are meant to be there 

P.S : not mounted police 

Ah this happens In Ireland a lot. 2 idiots decide to race horse and carts down a main road. The police are scared to touch them because “they’re an ethnic group”. Google irish traveller fights. They aren’t ethnic, they are a bunch of inbred hillbillies. Apparently if you’re inbred enough you are an ethnic group. Check out big joe Joyce on YouTube. I’ll dip my hands in petrol and beat the shit out of you. These people are the scourge of our country but the videos they post online offering each other out for a fight make the shame worth while 

• Like (+1) 1

Last year I was coming from Dubai to Sharjah on E311 in the third lane. Unfortunately for me there was a car stopped in the 3rd lane and with moving traffic I could not shift lanes and had to stop behind him. I was surprised when I saw him come out of his car in the middle of the road, as he approached me I opened the window and all he could say was Petrol. He was smelling drunk and I tried to maneuver myself around but with the heavy traffic moving quickly around me I couldn't. This guy walked back to his car and let the handbrake go in neutral, with the angle on the road his car gently but firmly hit mine creating a dent. At this point I called the police and informed them they had to come as this guy was drunk and walking on the road without understanding the dangers. A good Samaritan stopped to get both our cars onto the hard shoulder, but all this guy could do was say Petrol.

Once the police came in they issued the accident report, and recently asked us to drive off and they would handle this guy as per the rule of Dubai. Unfortunately people get drunk and still feel they can drive without any incidents, unfortunately for this guy, he forgot to fill in his car tank before he filled in himself.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Sad (0) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2

A very drunk/sleepy driver on road, almost falling asleep on his steering wheel every 10secs. 

I almost called the police to complain but saw a police patrol car just behind that guys car.. hence assumed that the cops will stop him. 

But that was some scary shit.. no idea why the hell he attempted to drive in that state. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

I think I possibly saw someone driving a BMW that had worked out what the strange stick on the side of his steering wheel was for and actually used it when changing lanes - does that apply? 

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

I think I possibly saw someone driving a BMW that had worked out what the strange stick on the side of his steering wheel was for and actually used it when changing lanes - does that apply? 

Looks like he worked out recently, while switching on the wipers.

• Haha (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.