Advertise here

Jeep Wrangler TJ overheating - New day new story

more story as per mechanic fixed PCM but jeep not starting now because Key and IMMobilizer not syncronizing , Both are orignal fatory fitted before working good 😒

jeep cranking but not starting

@Gaurav   @Frederic

• WOW (+2) 2

3 minutes ago, syed salman raza said:

more story as per mechanic fixed PCM but jeep not starting now because Key and IMMobilizer not syncronizing , Both are orignal fatory fitted before working good 😒

jeep cranking but not starting

@Gaurav   @Frederic

When replacing the PCM, the key and immobilizer will need to be reprogrammed, because it is not recognizing the new PCM. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 minutes ago, Frederic said:

When replacing the PCM, the key and immobilizer will need to be reprogrammed, because it is not recognizing the new PCM. 

of course yes, I totally agree with Fredy.

So who paid for new PCM and how did he manage to shot the PCM of YJ (literally bomb proof 4x4)?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Confused (0) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Gaurav missing your punch line " ask the mechanic to give in writing ". Just on a lighter note 🤣

Frankly if the mechanic are just changing parts and waiting to see what happens , tell them to please stop. Tow your vehicle to another sensible mechanic and get your job done... will save you dirhams and time both. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

@Gaurav and @Frederic I took the PCM to another guy in Sharjah he repaired some hardware charged me 700 aed gave PCM back to mechanic Jeep engine not starting so purchased an old one from scrap fitted now engine starting for 3 sec understood needs reprogramming of pcm for key,  I dont know where to shift jeep now 😒 ,its already 10 days now 

anyway managed to change Radiator ,cooling pump and thermostat with new hope once it start it will be working good 

• Sad (0) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

18 minutes ago, syed salman raza said:

@Gaurav and @Frederic I took the PCM to another guy in Sharjah he repaired some hardware charged me 700 aed gave PCM back to mechanic Jeep engine not starting so purchased an old one from scrap fitted now engine starting for 3 sec understood needs reprogramming of pcm for key,  I dont know where to shift jeep now 😒 ,its already 10 days now 

anyway managed to change Radiator ,cooling pump and thermostat with new hope once it start it will be working good 

Take it to @Barry. If you keep using the mechanics you used, you will change more and more parts and get no result. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

25 minutes ago, syed salman raza said:

Looks like the SKIM module (immobilizer) that is not being recognized by the new PCM. I think only Jeep dealer will be able to re-program the PCM.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@syed salman raza I'm really sad to see what you are going through with.

But you are simply toooooo good for this world and that's why your Jeep is in black hole since 10 days.

Going to @Barry is a bad idea atm. Let this mechanic sort out or you will pay dearly.

Call Dubai Consumer Rights and explain your side and ask them to resolve this for you. Ask your mechanic to return the car in same shape as you have given him.

You shouldn't have wasted 700 for PCM repair and then scrap cost as that is the EXACT Rabit hole your mechanic is pushing you into. Stop FIRMLY and get legal help.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.