COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - 17 Jul 2020

Jeepie

Thanks @Jeepie for the lovely morning drive with perfect routing in pink rock which i have never gone through, it was a good mix of sideways, criss cross which i love it even though there was a hit on my car bumper while coming down from a technical area. @Ale Vallecchi and @Brette did and amazing job by fast recoveries and rerouting the convey. 

See you soon on sand. Pcs uploaded in gallery. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thanks @Jeepie for the drive and great support from @Ale Vallecchi and @Brette

Pics uploaded , as I was behind Marjan , you will see a lot of the legendary TJ :) . Video link as well !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

10 minutes ago, J J said:

Thanks @Jeepie for the drive and great support from @Ale Vallecchi and @Brette

Pics uploaded , as I was behind Marjan , you will see a lot of the legendary TJ :) . Video link as well !

Hahaha - watching this at speed ... now I know why I felt like I felt. @J J - brillaint film, really captured the drive well. 

• Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Hahaha - watching this at speed ... now I know why I felt like I felt. @J J - brillaint film, really captured the drive well. 

Haha hope you feeling better !!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

If you are a leader, don’t follow the guy in front of you.

Getting to the starting point of my own drive proved that, as I was following Sri who was going to his own drive.

Still, we made it on time and got the convoy moving quite early, which meant we could enjoy the sunrise while driving into the desert.

Starting with the jungle in the smaller technical dunes, I managed to turn Richards face quite green and we had to stop for a different type of bio-break.

Finding some taller longer dunes meant that we could do some sideys, criss crossing and ridge riding, which led to a perfect sidecrest by @Jun Zamora I have to check my camera to see if I managed to capture that.

Everybody seemed to be climbing Pink Rock without any problems, so off we went again on the other side where the sand was a little soft, but we all managed to keep going. Circling back, we slowly made our way to the exit point.

We only had a few refusals and a couple of stucks, which were handled by @Brette and @Ale Vallecchi very swiftly. Thank you very much for your support.

@J Jdid a great job as second lead and gave me the bonus of a very nice video of the trip. Thanks @J J, @Shiju Manueland @Febin Frederic for the pictures in the Gallery. @Lorenzo Candelpergher thank you for the trip map

I will be signing off for a month as I am travelling to the Netherlands to visit my family, so @Wrangeld ;I am sure you won’t get carsick and have lots of fun, please take care of my little car!😁

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 3

2 minutes ago, Jeepie said:

If you are a leader, don’t follow the guy in front of you.

Getting to the starting point of my own drive proved that, as I was following Sri who was going to his own drive.

Still, we made it on time and got the convoy moving quite early, which meant we could enjoy the sunrise while driving into the desert.

Starting with the jungle in the smaller technical dunes, I managed to turn Richards face quite green and we had to stop for a different type of bio-break.

Finding some taller longer dunes meant that we could do some sideys, criss crossing and ridge riding, which led to a perfect sidecrest by @Jun Zamora I have to check my camera to see if I managed to capture that.

Everybody seemed to be climbing Pink Rock without any problems, so off we went again on the other side where the sand was a little soft, but we all managed to keep going. Circling back, we slowly made our way to the exit point.

We only had a few refusals and a couple of stucks, which were handled by @Brette and @Ale Vallecchi very swiftly. Thank you very much for your support.

@J Jdid a great job as second lead and gave me the bonus of a very nice video of the trip. Thanks @J J, @Shiju Manueland @Febin Frederic for the pictures in the Gallery. @Lorenzo Candelpergher thank you for the trip map

I will be signing off for a month as I am travelling to the Netherlands to visit my family, so @Wrangeld ;I am sure you won’t get carsick and have lots of fun, please take care of my little car!😁

😂 absolutely brilliant drive report @Jeepie and despite the challenges for me personally, a brilliant drive and lead. I promise to look after 'your' little car while you are away.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

It was really fun; continuous high-tempo driving with only a few stucks and refusals. Thanks to leads @Jeepie @Ale Vallecchi @Brette @J J for excellent coordination and to all others ensuring such a smooth speedy drive! 

My tire pressure whooshed out; it was a new lesson for me with logical explanations and directions for recovery by @Brette and @Ale Vallecchi; Thank you both!

• Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use