•  

Jeep Wrangler 2 Door 2003 model

Shiju Manuel

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

With lifted springs, bigger tires, offroad lights, looks like it's nicely used/abused (god knows) in the desert.

If I am in your place, I would not buy this two main reasons: 1) US Specs 2) Already used in desert.

Often YJ are pushed to extreme in the desert, so buying beaten up car with job loss story/fact doesn't sympathize me, as it simply doesn't check my all boxes.

Dear @Gaurav thanks for your input, i also had double mind because of the reason you have mentioned. So i might wait and see what goods things comes future.

4 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Has this Jeep flipped in the desert? To loose the top?

No idea, i have not test driven the car, the owner may not convey the fact too. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, J J said:

I would also go with what Gaurav said.. I would not even look at this considering its American spec + 195k mileage.  Also a good condition hard top will cost you anywhere between 6k - 7k and refurbished maybe 3k-4k . Keeping this in mind there are many clean ones out there .. I have a friend who is selling his TJ 2006 for 25k odd ( engine / gear warranty and new AC system ) . If you are interested , I can ask him for more details.

Dear @J J thanks for your input, may be Xterra will be better option than the TJ 2006 in terms of this price and maintenance. Let me get some advice from experts, am not in a hurry. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Fuck ! That thing is ugly as sin. US spec means flood damaged or in a crash bad enough that it was written off. Plus 195k miles that's 300k plus kms.

Also be weary if rust on these US imports.

My buddy once bought a TJ US spec right when the container opened after arriving here. It has been in a slight tip over which cracked the hardtop and a front fender slight bent.

But was it a pain in the ass. First of all almost impossible to find a hardtop anywhere. And we found a slightly less damaged repairable one for 4000 plus 

Then while slowly driving around 30k the rear axel just popped out for no good reason.

Then almost impossible to register because frame had rust and the VIN number had rusted away 

So all in all a massive shit experience but then again nothing else can be said about jeep ownership.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

Important Information

Terms of use