Advertise here

How to take care of your air compressor?

RohanH

30 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Good choice. A Bushranger compressor will last many years if you take care of it, and will have a good resale value too.

I didnt understand. Taking care of compressor? How is it? 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, RohanH said:

I didnt understand. Taking care of compressor? How is it? 

- Keep it out of the sun during use.

- Don’t overload it: inflate max up to 4 tyres and give it some rest.

- Replace the hose if it’s leaking otherwise your compressor will have to work much longer and harder and will eventually overload.

- Be careful with the unit, store it in a bag and don’t throw it around.

With the Dragon Mart compressors you need some luck. Some will easily last a couple of years, others will fail after a few weeks or months. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I just wonder whether you all keep the compressor in the car during the weekdays when you’re not driving in the desert ?

i have been keeping mine in the car with the other gears because I fear showing up without a compressor. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Frederic said:

- Keep it out of the sun during use.

- Don’t overload it: inflate max up to 4 tyres and give it some rest.

- Replace the hose if it’s leaking otherwise your compressor will have to work much longer and harder and will eventually overload.

- Be careful with the unit, store it in a bag and don’t throw it around.

With the Dragon Mart compressors you need some luck. Some will easily last a couple of years, others will fail after a few weeks or months. 

I got it. Thank you.

With the re-investment in the compressor, I have no option left but to keep my compressor safe in order to keep my wallet safe and healthy.  😄

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

11 hours ago, topgear said:

I just wonder whether you all keep the compressor in the car during the weekdays when you’re not driving in the desert ?

i have been keeping mine in the car with the other gears because I fear showing up without a compressor. 

I use to remove all my offroad gear during the week to reduce fuel consumption, but as Murphy's law goes i got called twice by some friends and neighbors that got stuck in the desert and in need of recovery but all my stuff was at home. Since then i keep everything in the car, but neatly organized.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I will tell you the secret of compressor longevity. Put your AC on full blast put your compressor near the vent. Center console or seat point all vents towards it and snake the wire andd hose out the window. And after every tyre switch it off. Until you detach go around and attach it to your next tyre. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use