Advertise here

The great sea of blandness

Barry

Watching traffic and contemplating, whatever happened to the time when people chose interesting car colours. All I see is black white grey silver black white grey silver white white grey silver, maybe an odd brown one here and there. Coloured cars are few and far between these days. Even in the upper end of the market anything outside of black white grey is becoming rare to see. 

So, what colour is your car and why did you choose it?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

When I buy second hand cars, the car generally chooses me and winks at me from far away to come and take it home..

Joking aside I agree it’s really bland here in the UAE. Maybe because of climate or resale value. 

• Like (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I agree a lot of it is to do with resale value but what it creates is a false market where people buy cars these colours so they can sell them easily, then someone else buys it so they can also sell it easily and so on and so on and it perpetuates a vicious circle that exists for no other reason than to serve its own being. 

• Like (+1) 5

Hi @Barry

Once I had a blue car and when I sold it , I heard the comment from the buyer : umm it’s blue which is not as common as white, black, silver or grey :) ( anticipating what is he pointing toward: reducing of sell price abit ) , but to my surprise he said :but this color suites this vehicle and I like it.

i realized that despite what market offer still people have different taste for different Items. 

it was sold and I got my “white “ grand Cherokee which I love 😎

cheers 🌷🚙

• Haha (+1) 2

@Chaitanya D white with some black on it please 😊 and the Xterra has another story that it’s ain’t a secret anymore and thanks to you buddy 🙏🏻 

• Haha (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, Kalahari said:

Of course it was a deliberate choice to go that sexy lava red :-(

Oh my mistake I thought it was 1920s French wine red. 😜

• Haha (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."