•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 29 Oct 2020

Srikumar

19 minutes ago, Jack Thomas said:

Hi guys, sorry someone in my office I have been working with has tested positive. I don't put anyone at risk hopefully my test comes back negative and I can come on the future ones.

Thanks Jack for the update. Hope everything works out well.

• Like (+1) 1

TRIP REPORT

Sweihan is clearly one of my favorite places in UAE, and in an area which has traditionally been reserved for Intermediate drives, we at Carnity have found some amazing stretches with absolutely virgin dunes to arrange a Newbie drive week after week.

Everyone was there at sharp 6:00 AM, and with a couple of drop outs and no shows we were 5 cars which made for a short but tight convoy. It gave me the room to push the pace through some big dunes knowing very well that the cars at the back would not have to deal with churned up tracks. The broad spaced rolling dunes offered a lot of high paced action and adrenaline with speeds in some of the dunes reaching close to 60 kmph. 

The entire convoy did extremely well, and the drive was so supremely smooth that we didn't have to even take out the shovel let alone the rope. Though I am not a person for statistics but at the end of the drive I was curious, and we had done close to 51 km of 100% dunes and an additional 30 kms of flat track to get to the ADNOC gas station. Probably the smoothest Newbie drive that I have been a part of in a very long time and the entire credit goes to the excellent convoy of @Srijith Gangadharan @Jonathan Maumy @Aamir Siddiqui . Also thank you to @Pancho for supporting the drive, even though you had almost no work throughout the drive  (courtesy the excellent Newbies that we had), knowing you are at the back of the convoy gives the Lead the liberty to push the pace.

Hope you guys had fun, for I most certainly did. See you soon on the sands.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

It really was a fantastic morning! Thanks @Srikumar and @Pancho for a superb drive. We learnt a lot - especially interesting to see how the rising temperature throughout the morning increases the tire pressure and the effect that increase in pressure has on drivability! Can't wait for the next one!

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use