Advertise here

What size and type of hydraulic jack

Atif

5 minutes ago, Rizwanm2 said:

when browsing just came across this one. not sure how good it is, but seems it has large flat surface at the bottom and could be fairly easy to operate as well.  

image.png.839a96801dec587ff325f537b8d9d053.png

How long will the electronics work is the biggest question With all the shaking and wobble off road ?.

Will be good to see hands on before you buy it if possible 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I have seen it personally and feel that once sand gets in to the electric working parts its just going to be a heavy useless piece of metal. Plus the jack point is very high, so you need to dig half a kilometre below the jacking point to get it in. I would not recommend it.

• Like (+1) 4

Hey @Atif What jack did you end up getting?

I wasnt able to find the low profile hydraulic jack in dragon mall. The yato from speedex is out of stock as well. Any other suggestions? 

I found those two online:

Ford Low Profile Floor Jack 2 Ton, FMCF0010: Amazon.ae

Buy Total Hydraulic Floor Jack (3 Ton) Online - Shop Automotive on Carrefour UAE

Edited by Aus Alzubaidi
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Aus Alzubaidi said:

Hey @Atif What jack did you end up getting?

I wasnt able to find the low profile hydraulic jack in dragon mall. The yato from speedex is out of stock as well. Any other suggestions? 

You can order the low profile one from Amazon . Today I am expecting it . 250 AED

395414E2-A25A-49FB-8D73-DD0BAFC77D95.png

E368C6E9-399F-48B5-858D-3988BEAAD1C5.png

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

You can order the low profile one from Amazon . Today I am expecting it . 250 AED

Thanks @Mohamed Seidam. Are you referring to this one?

image.png.c1ae0f5096feedf25903660fdc7ea945.png

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Aus Alzubaidi said:

Thanks @Mohamed Seidam. Are you referring to this one?

image.png.c1ae0f5096feedf25903660fdc7ea945.png

Exactly

• Like (+1) 2

@Aus Alzubaidi I haven’t bought one as yet as plan to do it this weekend. The one @Mohamed Seidam chose looks good but I request advice about the lifting range. Do check that the lifting range suits your vehicle as I read somewhere that low profile is for low profile vehicles .
This states 14 inches lift .So if the vehicle ground clearance is 9 inch as in my prado then it will give a 5 inch lift. I personally am not sure if this is enough, although a solution would be to keep a 2 inch or more wooden base in the vehicle and additional extension pads (you already need a base to avoid the jack sinking in the sand).

Advice requested from other carnity seniors please about low profile jacks.

Edited by Atif
  • Like (+1) 2

@Atif actually you have a valid argument. however for our practice in sand rarely we need the max lift range for the reason you mentioned of the additional wooden blocks and not mentioning off course that we shovel under the outer side of the pop rather than lifting more. i hope this work really.

DE8C6309-3383-4FE6-986B-2552086224D0.jpeg

E1FA4FC0-4776-4201-9A2F-106919BFB958.jpeg

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
Adding picture demo for jack lifting to fix pop out tire in sand
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 12/15/2020 at 4:22 PM, Mohamed Seidam said:

@Atif actually you have a valid argument. however for our practice in sand rarely we need the max lift range for the reason you mentioned of the additional wooden blocks and not mentioning off course that we shovel under the outer side of the pop rather than lifting more. i hope this work really.

DE8C6309-3383-4FE6-986B-2552086224D0.jpeg

E1FA4FC0-4776-4201-9A2F-106919BFB958.jpeg

I endorse @Mohamed Seidam ‘s advice as there seems to be very little difference in the lift height so a low profile would slide in more easily under the vehicle. As he said, using the jack’s base-supporting board will anyways assist in maintaining sufficient distance. 

Edited by Atif
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Mohamed Seidam and @Atif bhai, just to add to this knowledge base we lift the car from its lower arm instead of the jacking points, so instead of lifting the suspension, we are actually lifting the wheel, plus if we need we can always dig under the tire to clear the sand to give the tire a free spin.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use