•  
Advertise here

Pajero shock absorber suggestion needed

Hi @Barry, I have a gen3 Pajero and Im looking to change my shocks too, I do go offroading so what shocks would you recommend? KYB costs around 1200 for all 4 with labor, Im willing to pay a bit more if I can get shocks which are better for offroading.

• Like (+1) 1

Try Bilstein 5100 Monotube shocks, they are a bit harder for the road but are pretty good for offroad. You will need to check on Bilstein website if they make replacement shocks for your car model. And it would be cheaper to import it than buy it locally.

@Frederic recently changed his shocks as well. Maybe he would be aware that which brand would fit a Pajero

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Jasim Khumi said:

Hi @Barry, I have a gen3 Pajero and Im looking to change my shocks too, I do go offroading so what shocks would you recommend? KYB costs around 1200 for all 4 with labor, Im willing to pay a bit more if I can get shocks which are better for offroading.

I recently changed my front suspension shocks and went for KYB Excel series. They are a good OEM replacement, but not specifically seen as an upgrade when it comes to "offroading".

My original plan was to import Bilstein from US, but due to time constraint i settled for the KYB. 

With importing from US, i was looking at ordering here:

https://shop.adventuredrivendesign.com/

My Pajero is my daily driver, and with stock suspension you will be able to do almost everything when it comes to offroading. 

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I thought I replied to an existing topic, but it seems I've created a new topic,

nevertheless, thanks for the suggestion @Frederic, I'll be going for the KYB Excel series soon!

Can you tell me the overall cost and where you got them done from?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

A correction to my earlier comment, Bilstein 4600 is for stock height, and Bilstein 5100 is for lifted cars. So if you are running stock height you have to look at 4600 series. 

yup, in the link Frederic shared, Bilstein 4600 were for around 500USD, so the overall costs are a lot higher compared to KYB, so I'm going for the KYB's soon

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I got the KYB Excel-G shocks installed, I changed both front and rear since my existing ones were leaking.

On the road, the handling of the car improved significantly, since these shocks are a little bit stiffer than OEM (due to them being Gas shocks).

On the dunes the shocks allowed me to get more traction on bumpy tracks and made this week's drive with @Rahimdad super amazing.

@Frederic, just to add more value to this post,

"do oil shocks make the car more comfortable to drive on road and gas shocks make the car stiffer ans better for offroad"  - is this Statement true?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Jasim Khumi said:

So I got the KYB Excel-G shocks installed, I changed both front and rear since my existing ones were leaking.

On the road, the handling of the car improved significantly, since these shocks are a little bit stiffer than OEM (due to them being Gas shocks).

On the dunes the shocks allowed me to get more traction on bumpy tracks and made this week's drive with @Rahimdad super amazing.

@Frederic, just to add more value to this post,

"do oil shocks make the car more comfortable to drive on road and gas shocks make the car stiffer ans better for offroad"  - is this Statement true?

Good you got the KYB shocks, i am pretty happy with them too.

http://www.jmg.com.gt/en/oil-shock-absorbers-or-gas

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• 4 months later...