COVID19 Compliant - Saturday Afternoon Intermediate Desert drive - Sharjah's Bowls - 13 Mar 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

Drive Report

Sharjah’s bowls never ever disappoint! But to take maximum advantage requires a strong convoy, and today’s Carnity convoy was most definitely up to the challenge.

We started off cautiously as the wind swept across the dunes, playing tricks with the eyes and causing illusions. It was difficult for me to see where the ridge ended and fresh air began , this only added to the excitement factor for me and the guys at the front of the convoy.

I have never seen these bowls look so fresh, there were literally no tracks, it was like we were pioneers venturing into untouched lands. Where’s a flag when you need one (Copyright Eddy Izzard….Do you have a flag?)

It didn’t take us long to leave our mark as we raced up the first mighty dune, we had some refusals as drivers got used to the conditions but nothing major. We continued to plot our path, sweeping up and down in and around with the entire convoy in sync. And then we did it again, and again, and again and again.

We flew around the smaller dunes as we made our way to yet another bowl. Suddenly we had company as the tourists made their way to the tops of the dunes to catch the setting sun. This did not deter us from our mission, everyone gave signal and we cautiously made our way around the aliens playing in our patch (How very dare they!
😉)

By now the convoy was really motoring , at the beginning of the afternoon we had our fair share of refusals and the ropes were brought out twice, but these were just learning opportunities for the convoy. Confident that the drivers were well prepared I sounded the clarion call! YALLA!!!! And the pace was raised a nought or 10. We flew around Area 53 with it’s rabbit warren of bowls , not once but twice. I nearly went in again but it was the witching hour, and sometimes its best to end things when everyone has accomplished the goal.

Many many thanks to my support team today @GauravSoni and @Islam Soliman. @GauravSoniyou were excellent as my second lead, you followed my instructions perfectly in some very difficult situations. Thank you for that. @Islam Soliman swept up everything at the back and helped with all the refusals when it was needed. It makes such a huge difference to the lead knowing you have support like that. Thank you.

Special recognition goes to @Veedooshee on her first intermediate drive, it was a bit sticky for you at the start but by goodness you stepped up to the plate towards the end of the drive. Well done!

@Shaz Shah had a very good drive, your only issue was when you slowed down at that critical moment. @Tero Vallas you drove very well, likewise @Archibald Jurdi in that fabulous jeep of yours. Great drives! @Hisham Masaad also had a great drive. I know you said the wind was clearing the tracks at the start of the day which made it extra difficult at the back. @Jack Thomas well done for getting that big truck of yours up and around those dunes.

Once again, thank you to all of you for listening to instructions and following my lead perfectly making for a great drive!

Until our next adventure!
😊

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

8 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Drive Report

Sharjah’s bowls never ever disappoint! But to take maximum advantage requires a strong convoy, and today’s Carnity convoy was most definitely up to the challenge.

We started off cautiously as the wind swept across the dunes, playing tricks with the eyes and causing illusions. It was difficult for me to see where the ridge ended and fresh air began , this only added to the excitement factor for me and the guys at the front of the convoy.

I have never seen these bowls look so fresh, there were literally no tracks, it was like we were pioneers venturing into untouched lands. Where’s a flag when you need one (Copyright Eddy Izzard….Do you have a flag?)

It didn’t take us long to leave our mark as we raced up the first mighty dune, we had some refusals as drivers got used to the conditions but nothing major. We continued to plot our path, sweeping up and down in and around with the entire convoy in sync. And then we did it again, and again, and again and again.

We flew around the smaller dunes as we made our way to yet another bowl. Suddenly we had company as the tourists made their way to the tops of the dunes to catch the setting sun. This did not deter us from our mission, everyone gave signal and we cautiously made our way around the aliens playing in our patch (How very dare they!
😉)

By now the convoy was really motoring , at the beginning of the afternoon we had our fair share of refusals and the ropes were brought out twice, but these were just learning opportunities for the convoy. Confident that the drivers were well prepared I sounded the clarion call! YALLA!!!! And the pace was raised a nought or 10. We flew around Area 53 with it’s rabbit warren of bowls , not once but twice. I nearly went in again but it was the witching hour, and sometimes its best to end things when everyone has accomplished the goal.

Many many thanks to my support team today @GauravSoni and @Islam Soliman. @GauravSoniyou were excellent as my second lead, you followed my instructions perfectly in some very difficult situations. Thank you for that. @Islam Soliman swept up everything at the back and helped with all the refusals when it was needed. It makes such a huge difference to the lead knowing you have support like that. Thank you.

Special recognition goes to @Veedooshee on her first intermediate drive, it was a bit sticky for you at the start but by goodness you stepped up to the plate towards the end of the drive. Well done!

@Shaz Shah had a very good drive, your only issue was when you slowed down at that critical moment. @Tero Vallas you drove very well, likewise @Archibald Jurdi in that fabulous jeep of yours. Great drives! @Hisham Masaad also had a great drive. I know you said the wind was clearing the tracks at the start of the day which made it extra difficult at the back. @Jack Thomas well done for getting that big truck of yours up and around those dunes.

Once again, thank you to all of you for listening to instructions and following my lead perfectly making for a great drive!

Until our next adventure!
😊

@Foxtrot Oscar your drives never disappoint, and only raise the bar for each drive following the next.

@Islam Soliman was awesome driving at the back with you we had some diversions and great support.

Great team out abd see you all again everybody.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Foxtrot Oscar amazing drive! Your lead on Sharjah bowls are a amazing combination. I had two passengers with me on this one and they enjoyed the roller coaster ride. Thanks @Islam Soliman for keeping the convoy intact. Managing the pull on @Shaz Shah X on the side slope was the highlight for me! 
Well driven by everyone!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use