ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 26 Mar 2021

Wrangeld

3 hours ago, samamara said:

Ok, I’ll have a look at what they look like when I meet you and I’ll go from there. Do they have flags there too 🤔?

Please remind me to show my radios. The loan radios are not the example to follow. 

• Like (+1) 1

@LACOURIE & @Yawa great that you signed up for the Absolute Newbie at Al Qudra on Friday.

It would be really great if you can tell us a little about yourself so we know what sort of experience you have in off roading - if any. 

Can you please share the following information: 

• Vehicle (and if modified in any way). 
  • Experience off road (if any)
  • What it is that you want to be able to do with your off road car (e.g. climb moreeb, go on family picnics, a bit if fun and excitement)

It is important before you arrive that you check your car has the right ground clearance and has good and accessible tow hooks at the front and the rear of the car. If the tow points are not accessible, we may not be able to let you drive. Also, some cars are fitted with air dams/spoilers that massively reduce the entry angles for cars in the sand. You might want to think about removing these in advance to avoid the possibility of damage. 

Any questions, please feel free to post them here. 

• Like (+1) 1

@Batuhan Kulac Thanks for signing up for the Absolute Newbie drive. I understand from the conversations on the site that you have a lot of experience off road already - and it looks like you drive a G63. 

Please come ready with flag and (due to your experience) preprogrammed radio. We can have a chat face to face about the self certification process. Thanks for your understanding over the Carnity rules as far as all new drivers are concerned. 

See you Friday. 

@Mohamed Madani thanks for signing up for the drive on Friday. I see you are driving a Range Rover. Please let me know if this has low or high profile tires and/or additional air dams that might cause problems for clearance in the in sand. All spoilers and dams are at risk of damage in the sand if the clearance is too low (low profile tires will be a cause of this for instance). 

Otherwise, looking forward to your joining the drive on Friday. We have a nice group already and it should be a fun morning.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/22/2021 at 9:52 AM, samamara said:

Good morning all 😊! What is the meeting point for Friday morning at 6:00?

https://goo.gl/maps/esxXscREBGSn1dZ16

12 hours ago, LACOURIE said:

Please confirm us where do we ( Absolute Newbie) meet on Friday morning @ Al Qudra, please give us a more precise meeting point ?

https://goo.gl/maps/esxXscREBGSn1dZ16

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use