•  

ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 9 Apr 2021

Wrangeld

1 hour ago, ARAGON said:

Hi @Wrangeld..i have a stock jeep wrangler 4 door.. ..should i be removing the air dam under the front bumper? 

20210406_183753.jpg

No. That's fine @ARAGON

• Like (+1) 2

@Wrangeld 

Thanks for the reminder.

I can take pictures tomorrow of front if needed so you can confirm. Will the standard Land Cruiser 100 series front tow hooks be sufficient if they are in good shape? I was already headed to shop in am so I'm sure I can have some rated ones bolted on in their place if they have them in stock.

For rear I'm not sure what is there besides a pintle style hitch. Will see if I can find a replacement to bolt on with shackle for rear tomorrow if needed.

20201101_172814~2.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

@Wadepat2 LC100 has inverted hook in front and strong pintle hook at the back from the factory. So technically you don't need any additional hooks, if you stock ones are in good shape (not shaking) and not rusted.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hello @Wrangeld and everyone else in the group.

My name is Redza (or you can call me RJ).

I've watched the tutorial video and my equipment is complete.  I drive a 2015 Land Cruiser and have some experience driving off-road.  My wife @kolin recommended me to join Carnity and I look forward to learning new things.

Edited by Redza Jamil
  • Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Redza Jamil said:

Hello @Wrangeld and everyone else in the group.

My name is Redza (or you can call me RJ).

I've watched the tutorial video and my equipment is complete.  I drive a 2015 Land Cruiser and have some experience driving off-road.  My wife @kolin recommended me to join Carnity and I look forward to learning new things.

That's great news. We have enjoyed @kolin joining our drives and hope that she will not be pushed out of the driving seat for ever once you get the off road bug as well. 

• Haha (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

That's great news. We have enjoyed @kolin joining our drives and hope that she will not be pushed out of the driving seat for ever once you get the off road bug as well. 

Not gonna happen @Wrangeld 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Rahul kumar said:

Hi Everyone, 

hope to meet you all on my first off-road drive.

one question though, am I good to go with my ford explorer 2017 4WD?

Rahul

I have been following explorer in front of me on couple of drives and saw that performing well, at this level definitely more than enough.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Rahul kumar said:

Hi Everyone, 

hope to meet you all on my first off-road drive.

one question though, am I good to go with my ford explorer 2017 4WD?

Rahul

Hi Rahul, 

Ford Explorer - two things. First remove the air dams at the front. They make the car too low if fitted. Secondly, please make sure that the D hooks for towing are installed. Whereas everyone will tell you they are fitted as standard, I have had one or two occasions where an Explorer did not follow the 'standard' rule. 

As @Lakshmi Narasimhan, for an absolute newbie drive, your car is fine. 

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use