COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 21 May 2021

Chaitanya D

1 hour ago, Karthikeyan Govindarajan said:

@Chaitanya D, I am pulling out myself from this drive. But I will be seeing you in Thursday’s night fewbie drive. 
thank you

Noted.Please remove your RSVP and click on the drive you are joining . Enjoy

12 hours ago, Karthikeyan Govindarajan said:

@Chaitanya D, I am pulling out myself from this drive. But I will be seeing you in Thursday’s night fewbie drive. 
thank you

Yeah timing's pretty tight bro @Karthikeyan Govindarajan if you attend both... I might even sleep in the nearest gas station rather than go back to the city 😂

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Zed said:

Yeah timing's pretty tight bro @Karthikeyan Govindarajan if you attend both... I might even sleep in the nearest gas station rather than go back to the city 😂

Yes thats the best way to do two drives as you are already there @Zed and @Karthikeyan Govindarajan. FB drive ends closer to the start point of NB friday.

I am sleeping in the sands 🤣,provided the night drive is uneventful

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Friends 

Please note the convoy positions for tomorrow

1. Chaitanya Black Xterra

2. Wrangled Grey Pajero SWB @Wrangeld

3. Ahmed Matar Pajero @Ahmed MATAR

4. Joshua Thibodeaux Shaheen @Joshua Thibodeaux

5. Taufique Surve Xterra @Taufique Surve

6. Zed Grey LC @Zed

7. Frederic - Blue Pajero SWB @Frederic

As we are less than 24 hours from the start of the drive, here is a brief of what we plan to do tomorrow: especially for @Ahmed MATAR. Please click totally agree for the COVID precautions

PREPARATION FOR THE DRIVE AND WHAT TO EXPECT

1) Please ensure that you reach the meeting point on time, i.e., 5:00 AM sharp. Reaching 10 mins early would be better, but dont be late.  Also, ensure that you have tow points at the front and rear with 8 inch (min ground clearance)

2) All first timers with Carnity need to ensure that they have gone through the Newbie briefing Video :

3)  The senior members on tomorrow's drive would be myself, Richard @Wrangeld and Fred @Frederic

4) We will be using Carnity Channel 1 tomorrow. (446.00625 Mhz). The instructions to program the radio are provided in the below post. Please ensure that you have a fully charged and programmed radio before the drive. If you are a first timer with Carnity we shall provide you with a spare radio for this drive, if you dont have one. 

5) All traction controls, ABS and Air bags need to be switched off. While turning off traction control is mandatory, its ok if you are unable to turn off the Airbags for this drive. Traction Control, ABS and Airbags can be disabled by a button or by pulling the fuse. Incase of any queries you can always ask me or the senior members before the drive or better still, post your queries on this drive post and we would assist. 

6) You will need a pressure gauge , deflator and a compressor for this drive  

7) For highway tyres you can deflate to 15 psi. Those who have AT tyres, you can deflate to 13 psi. 

8 ) Feel free to ask questions at any time. 

COVID PRECUATIONS

COVID is still very much there, so once you reach the meeting point, park your cars at sufficient distance from each other. Always wear your masks while stepping out of your cars. Once done deflating, please get back into your cars immediately. Drivers will be responsible for the compliance of their passengers as well.

See you all tomorrow

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Dear Friends 

Please note the convoy positions for tomorrow

6. Zed Grey LC @Zed

See you all tomorrow

sorry Marshal @Chaitanya D, as my car is still in garage, I've removed myself from this RSVP for Morning Drive too. But looking forward to next time you'll come to Abu Dhabi again 😊   Enjoy Sweihan!

• Like (+1) 1

Drive Report

Well done @Ahmed MATAR  @Joshua Thibodeaux @Taufique Surve !

The Sweihan dunes are impressive terrain for members who are relatively new to the off-road world, but you guys rocked on and we had some good fun this morning.

A big thanks to @Jeepie and @Wrangeld for the support in the back, as they were on their second drive in the last 24 hours, which is in this heat not evident.

@Chaitanya D his Xterra felt like taking a day off today unfortunately, and it's a shame you guys did not have a taste yet of his fantastic lead but no doubt all of us will be back in AD soon to taste those dunes again and do some exploration. Stick around guys as we Dubai peeps are totally in love with the Abu Dhabi terrain. 

See you soon !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thank you @Frederic for taking over when my car rear diff made some metal noise immediately after start. sad i missed the fun in sweihan and exited early. 

Hope you all @Taufique Surve, @Ahmed MATAR and @Josh T. had some nice fun.

Many thanks to @Jeepie and @Wrangeld for their great support today and for yesterday night fewbie drive at Yahar.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

Drive Report

...but no doubt all of us will be back in AD soon to taste those dunes again and do some exploration. Stick around guys as we Dubai peeps are totally in love with the Abu Dhabi terrain. 

See you soon !

Looking forward to meet you Dubai peeps next week again 😁

19 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

Thank you @Frederic for taking over when my car rear diff made some metal noise immediately after start. sad i missed the fun in sweihan and exited early. 

whoa, hope everything ok there @Chaitanya D, and it's just needing Differential Oil change. If the noise gets louder when you accelerate, then it may be the differential bearing... hopefully it's the former tho 🤞🏻

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use