•  

Abu Dhabi List of Desert Drive Tracks endorsed by Department of Culture and Tourism :)

Zed

12 hours ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

Let’s see how Wed goes but I’d be intrigued by the Cornejo Liwa Challenge @Mario Cornejo @Ruan van den Heever

btw Ruan, did you finish the crossing ?

He finished the crossing, started at 6am and exited at 4:30pm, this is one of the reasons he won the DCT 😅🔥

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Ruan van den Heever said:

Hi @Mario Cornejo, I have been through there. Mostly, I am not afraid to take on challenges, with a bit of common sense, preparation and a lot of calm demeanor most situations can be solved. But for this crossing I would not recommend you take along a nervous driver or one with no previous experience. The drive kept me humble. Wednesday's Yellow truck drive will be challenging but in my opinion, not even comparable to the Liwa crossing route. The Liwa crossing route has enormous dunes, from start to finish. Typical powder-like Liwa sand and will challenge you. And yes, once you enter, you either exit at the entry or the end point. Going South will take you to Saudi, trying to exit North will be just as far as pushing through with the added difficulty if driving against the slip faces of dunes. 

That being said, if you want to experience the absolute beauty of the desert, barren nature at it's best you have to take on this drive. Just remember to organize two or three vehicles to join you......you have my number if you ever have a spot to fill. I will gladly do it again 😆😆

Oh and lastly, I would recommend doing the drive over two days and not one. It is way to breathtakingly beautiful to cross in a single day.

I stand to be corrected on this opinion.

Btw....at the time I did the route I had not been introduced to Giaia. 😪 But I did create a track with waypoints and coordinates.

The champ is in your blood no doubt Ruan @Ruan van den Heever 🏆😄

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use