•  

COVID19 Compliant - Lens Lovers Club - Perseids Meteor Shower and AstroPhotography Session - 12 August 2021

Frederic

Hey all - super excited about tonight's shooting! I just checked the clouds and it seems that we'll have very clear skies most of the night until we near the peak of the shower after 4:00. That sounds like bad news I know, but honestly it's not - there will still be plenty of meteors before the peak in shaa Allah 😊🤲🏼 and by the time we reach the peak it may be getting a bit to bright in the early morning sky to see many clearly anyway, so it's better we have clearer skies during the darker times. Anyway, a forecast is just that but we have reason to be optimistic!

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

2 minutes ago, Niki said:

Have a wonderful evening all!  
@Zed @samamara I received a rejection for my move permit :( 

Youtube it is for me this evening!  

Tough luck @Niki, I didn't know they would reject people cos my friends said theirs were accepted... maybe lots of people already applied hence they enforce some limit on the permits... let's hope next time bro: Leonids in Nov and Geminids in Dec 😊

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Zed said:

Tough luck @Niki, I didn't know they would reject people cos my friends said theirs were accepted... maybe lots of people already applied hence they enforce some limit on the permits... let's hope next time bro: Leonids in Nov and Geminids in Dec 😊

Hey no worries at all and I really do appreciate this tip!  If I had just sent this the night before maybe I would have received the okay… so my slacking!  Nov and Dec I look forward to the shows and maybe we do these in AD at the spot you shared!  

have a great evening! 

• Like (+1) 2

Oh goodness it's a long thread ..can someone confirm meeting time is 11:50pm today right? 😂😂 Sorry but Too lazy to read the whole thread to ensure that i didn't miss some notes somewhere ....it's extended weekend cant be expected to do so much work...😂

Just now, varunmehndiratta said:

Oh goodness it's a long thread ..can someone confirm meeting time is 11:50pm today right? 😂😂 Sorry but Too lazy to read the whole thread to ensure that i didn't miss some notes somewhere ....it's extended weekend cant be expected to do so much work...😂

Yes 11:50. @Gauravwill be there little bit earlier, and I’ll be reaching there hopefully before midnight as I have an evening drive in Maleiha area.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

10 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Yes 11:50. @Gauravwill be there little bit earlier, and I’ll be reaching there hopefully before midnight as I have an evening drive in Maleiha area.

I'll be there quite early since I'm not going on the evening drive and will want to set up etc and do a little MW shooting. I'll probably be there around 9:00 :) 

• Like (+1) 1

You will find us nearby the water. Look for a white Pajero ;) 

• Haha (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use