•  

COVID19 Compliant - Night Newbie Desert Drive - Suwaydan to Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 12 Aug 2021

Frederic

7 hours ago, Rizwanm2 said:

Thank you @Frederic for a perfect night drive. it was short convoy and we had maximum fun.  Except @Farook Veettil everybody was on time at the meeting point deflated and flagged. after long time we had our drive brief on ground with social distance and we were out in the desert by 8.10 PM.  about 45 mins into the drive we heard some scattered voice over the radio calling for fredric, strange enough it was not any one from our convoy. Then only I figured out the ghost who calling for Fredric was farook who arrived at the meeting point late. Sorry mate you might have mixed up with the timing hence arrived late.  

we covered almost 50 km in pitch-black desert covering some technical dunes and long hill climbs including Faya.

@Lakshmi Narasimhan it was nice meeting you for the first time and needless to say,  you were perfect behind Fredric as second lead of the convoy.

Behind Lakshmi was @Savio Fernandes in his Y62 patrol, you did great considering its your first night drive. There were couple of stuck mostly when crossing the dunes, you ended up in crested position. i understand it is scary sometimes to cross a dune with enough speed especially when its dark and you cant see anything. We all been there once, hence don’t worry you will master it in no time.

@munkybizness you did great behind savio, I see lot of improvements in your driving compared to previous night drive I had with you. Also thank you very much for your support in recoveries. Hope i didn't blind you this time since you had your sunglasses on 😎 ...  

Have a nice weekend guys, hope to see you all soon. 

image.png.d3d577b94a3275922eacf963c2a73add.png

I drove on same tack for the fist time with Fred two weeks back and it was effortless with zero refusals

Thanks @Lakshmi Narasimhan @Frederic @Rizwanm2 for being patient and showing continued support wasn't aware same track at night could be game changing, I guess my only hesitation was to cross the tip of the dune due to darkness i seemed blind folded, also fear of hard landing post crossing the tip and kids getting motion sickness at the back seat added up to hesitation

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use