Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Bowling in Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 3 Sep 2021

Drive Brief
For those in @Carnity who are used to off-roading mostly in Dubai and Sharjah, this drive offers the opportunity to discover, toghether with the Abu Dhabi based members of the Club, the breathtaking beauty of the landscape, the amazing heights of the dunes and the incredible depth of the bowls in Sweihan, one of the most coveted off-roading destinations in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.

For those coming from outside the Emirate, enduring the hassle of getting a Covid-19 test will be largely rewarded by a memorable experience: we will start from E16 Al Taf Road heading East, facing the sunrise, gently riding the first dunes to get acquainted with the landscape. After the initial warm up we will start tackling the big dunes that make Sweihan such a renown off-roading place, enjoying all the climbs, the crests, the ridges and - above all - the large bowls it offers, moving across 8 different areas of high and complex dunes in an exciting sequence of climbs and rides around some of the biggest and deepest bowls to be seen around before completing our loop back to E16. 

Sweihan.jpg.abb54ce093f3db42717b09e3afe5c3ef.jpg

General Infos

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus Above (All Levels)

When:  3 Sep 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 5:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: E16 Al Taf Road -https://goo.gl/maps/ht1HmGSnbw1ans5d7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM

End Point: E16 Al Taf Road

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Bowling in Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 3 Sep 2021
16 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Yalla @Lorenzo Candelpergher you promised an intermediate not f+. Not getting my nose *****Ed for f+..😂😂

You are not factoring the terrain. F+ in Sweihan is as good as an IM in Dubai / Sharjah, and I can assure you that the Sweihan boys are a fantastic bunch of drivers.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

6 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Yalla @Lorenzo Candelpergher you promised an intermediate not f+. Not getting my nose *****Ed for f+..😂😂

Ahah, yes true, I did promise an IM.. But given the terrain and the great drivers in the Abu Dhabi lot of club members, a FB+ in Abu Dhabi is as close as most IMs in Dubai, believe me.. 

As far as noses are concerned.. I'd poke it in Sweihan if I were in you before the RSVP gets full.. 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Dear @Nabeel Abdul Rahman, unfortunately you do not yet qualify for this drive, which is a Fewbie Plus one.

I have removed you from the RSVP but look forward to having you soon in another drive. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Dear @varunmehndiratta, given the requirements for the PCR, if you wish to join this particular drive, I can, as an exception, add you to the RSVP right away, so you can sort it out in due course. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Dear @varunmehndiratta, given the requirements for the PCR, if you wish to join this particular drive, I can, as an exception, add you to the RSVP right away, so you can sort it out in due course. 

Thanks Lorenzo 👍

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Desert Wanderers, 

Sweihan's appeal was once again confirmed by the fully booked RSVP to this drive. 

@Xavier Treasurer, @GauravSoni, @Arman, @Mario Cornejo, @Mus_hus78, @Farouq Owdeh, @Ruan van den Heever, @Lakshmi Narasimhan, @PaoloMaraziti, @varunmehndiratta, you are all confirmed for this drive subject to satisfying the Fewbie Plus level requirement and, for those of you coming from outside the Abu Dhabi Emirate, complying with the currently applicable rules pertaining Covid-19 regulations, as amended on August 19th for vaccinated residents:

IMG-20210829-WA0019.jpg.a1eb033c1c91a0bed78cdcdc0f0108df.jpg

For the sake of clarity, pls make sure you plan your PCR tests in due course:

1) if you are vaccinated: you can enter the Emirate with an Al Hosn Green Pass and an "E" Status if you are vaccinated (ie last PCR taken not later than 7 days before the drive date, so within last Saturday 28th);

2) if you are NOT vaccinated: you can enter the Emirate with a PCR taken within less than 48 hours or with a DPI test taken within 24h from the time you cross the border. 

• Like (+1) 3

20 hours ago, Srikumar said:

You are not factoring the terrain. F+ in Sweihan is as good as an IM in Dubai / Sharjah, and I can assure you that the Sweihan boys are a fantastic bunch of drivers.

These Dubai boys are judging us lightly...🤫

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use