Change in weekend from Jan-22

KKIRAN

HI team,

Just want open a subject for discussions on weekend drive plans. Hope this is ok. 

May be you all are aware of recent change in workweek adopted by UAE authorities from Jan-22. Now new weekend will be on Saturday and Sunday, means Friday will be working day.

Even its mainly for government employees, lots of private sector companies has started to adopt it. I believe we shall consider this when planning weekend drives.  What's thoughts of other team members and Crew on this?  

My company has already stated we will go to Sat/Sun weekend and I believe that a lot of the schools are going as well. 
I am obviously in favor of Carnity adopting the new weekend as of 1st Jan 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

From Gulf today 

The Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates announced in a circular to banks, informing about the official weekly holiday for the banking sector. 

It said that all banks operating in the country must open their branches to provide services to the public for at least five hours a day and for a period of six days, including Fridays. 

25 minutes ago, Davie Chase said:

My company has already stated we will go to Sat/Sun weekend and I believe that a lot of the schools are going as well. 
I am obviously in favor of Carnity adopting the new weekend as of 1st Jan 

My company also followimg  new workweek. 

3 hours ago, KKIRAN said:

HI team,

Just want open a subject for discussions on weekend drive plans. Hope this is ok. 

May be you all are aware of recent change in workweek adopted by UAE authorities from Jan-22. Now new weekend will be on Saturday and Sunday, means Friday will be working day.

Even its mainly for government employees, lots of private sector companies has started to adopt it. I believe we shall consider this when planning weekend drives.  What's thoughts of other team members and Crew on this?  

At the moment we are waiting for some further clarity on how the weekend would be announced for the majority of private sectors and accordingly we would then alter our weekend schedule as well.

Important Information

Terms of use