•  

Full Day Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Liwa Yellow Truck - Abu Dhabi - 02 Dec 2022

Islam Soliman

As Davie mentioned, Never experienced sand as soft as this, that any aggressive driving would punish us with air leaking from the tires, but thanks to God that we had no tire issue nor pop out other than few zero pressure tires. Thanks @Zulfikhar Naiyarfor giving me some pressured air👍

Thank you @Islam Soliman for leading us in this adventurous terrain where we had the hard labor recovery, extremely soft sand multiple steps and more. honestly even with you driving the full size in front of me, I still had to think twice before making any movement.

And with the strong support from @Davie Chase @Ranjan Das at back and the rest of skilled and supportive members in the convey @Zulfikhar Naiyar @Ashutosh Garg @Karthikeyan Govindarajan, we could reach the YT and made it back safely.

Also glad to see the vortex snorkel I newly installed works very well on keeping the sand out of the intake system🙌🙌, there was only fine dust in the filter

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

4 minutes ago, Imteeaz said:

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie  mate did you notice any difference in your vehicle/power after the installation of the snorkel?  is the engine breathing a bit better? 

No,

mine is vortex head, air is still being sucked into the intake system by pressure. the benefit of vortex head is that it keeps more heavy contaminants away and provide cleaner air to the engine, which is critical for Nissan's VQ40DE engine, it gets into limp mode if dirt gets in

Ram type head forces air into the intake system which theoretically increase the amount of air to the engine, you may check with others who have ram head.

switching the head is easy, you can get me a ram type and im happy to test for you😁

The Top 5 Vehicle Snorkels & How to Choose One – Offroading ...

https://www.4x4works.co.uk/snorkel-heads-guide/#:~:text=The two most common types,fall into the snorkel itself.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

52 minutes ago, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

No,

mine is vortex head, air is still being sucked into the intake system by pressure. the benefit of vortex head is that it keeps more heavy contaminants away and provide cleaner air to the engine, which is critical for Nissan's VQ40DE engine, it gets into limp mode if dirt gets in

Ram type head forces air into the intake system which theoretically increase the amount of air to the engine, you may check with others who have ram head.

switching the head is easy, you can get me a ram type and im happy to test for you😁

The Top 5 Vehicle Snorkels & How to Choose One – Offroading ...

https://www.4x4works.co.uk/snorkel-heads-guide/#:~:text=The two most common types,fall into the snorkel itself.

Thanks @Zixuan Huang - Charlie for the above feedback.

I recalled that Hisham also has the Vortex Head fitted on his FJ.

Do you mind sharing (via 055 897 0942 - my mobile) where you bought and got the snorkel installed?

Cheers

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use