Advertise here

Retrieving your vehicle history in UAE

Frederic

A great post @Frederic. Thanks a lot. It will definitely help everyone to check the status for cars when they look to buy one.

My old Santa Fe had a parking lot accident where it was hit by a delivery van while it was parked - literally a fender bender. Checked but did not find any report on the MOI. Perhaps it only reports larger accidents or accidents other than in Dubai. 

• Like (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

8 minutes ago, Looper said:

A great post @Frederic. Thanks a lot. It will definitely help everyone to check the status for cars when they look to buy one.

My old Santa Fe had a parking lot accident where it was hit by a delivery van while it was parked - literally a fender bender. Checked but did not find any report on the MOI. Perhaps it only reports larger accidents or accidents other than in Dubai. 

Thanks @Looper from what I’ve noticed the MOI website works the best to retrieve cars registered in Abu Dhabi. Perhaps the federal database and Dubai database are not (yet) aligned.

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

17 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

MOI is mainly for AD and northern Emirates who follow the federal system. This is a free service.

Dubai system is separate. I believe this is a paid service.

Dubai has different systems for immigration i.e. GDFRA vs ICA. This is the same here as well I suppose.

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

2 hours ago, Looper said:

checked mine and couldn't find any records either. I have had or rather the Mrs. had a minor one as well when she scratched the back door in a parking lot. Could be for major ones only i guess. 

but @Frederic great post, think vaibhav has come up with just the right word for you 😄

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1